Shuffle and Repeat buttons are not showing

Plan

Free

Country

India

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

There is a hide song button instead of shuffle button. I've tried reinstalling.

Screenshot_20190304-222007.png

Hey there everyone,

Thanks for reporting the Shuffle or Repeat button missing in the Now Playing View or in the menu when tapping on the 3-dot button on the upper right hand corner.

We've passed this on to the right teams and they'll be looking into this.

If the issue occurs for you, make sure to add your +VOTE so you can stay up to speed with any updates we have.

Comments
Neel_R

Currently a free Spotify user and planning to get premium, but this one issue is very troublesome.

I'm using Spotify 8.4.94.817 on my Redmi 4X, on android 7

So I don't have the shuffle and loop/repeat buttons in my now playing interface for some reason and they don't pop up even upon tapping on the three dots in the top right. Is this a fault or an actual intended feature? If it's intended, it should be changed back to when we actually had shuffle and repeat rather than "favorite" and "hide song"

Screenshot_2019-03-03-23-55-49-254_com.spotify.music.png
IMG_20190303_235539.png
Screenshot_2019-03-03-23-55-55-023_com.spotify.music.png
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey there everyone,

Thanks for reporting the Shuffle or Repeat button missing in the Now Playing View or in the menu when tapping on the 3-dot button on the upper right hand corner.

We've passed this on to the right teams and they'll be looking into this.

If the issue occurs for you, make sure to add your +VOTE so you can stay up to speed with any updates we have.

Hey there folks,

Just to confirm, could you let us know if the issue persists after reinstalling the app

If you're still having troubles, make sure to click the +VOTE button if you haven't already to stay updated. You can also leave a comment with your device and the version of Spotify you're currently rocking. 

Thanks!

viggyv

Tried reinstalling and still doesn't appear. 

Tried playing songs from my own playlist time check if it appears. It doesn't.

So basically it's disappeared completely.

My friends iPhone has the repeat and shuffle buttons Still. Android is getting second hand treatment again.

Plan: Free 

Hey @viggyv

Could you let us know your device model, OS, and Spotify version? We'll make sure to pass it on to the right team. 

Thanks! :)

viggyv

Device: OnePlus 6

Plan: Free

Spotify version: 8.5.3.716

If it's of any help the computer app on Windows has these buttons. 

@Jemi 

mariarose19
Music Fan

Also have that problem as well as nothing working today, yesterday and day before.  SOOOOO tired of these constant glitches.