Discover Weekly - how to recover last week's playlist?

Solved!

Discover Weekly - how to recover last week's playlist?

frankfu1122
Regular

Hi,

It's Monday morning and Spotify has just gave me a "fresh" release of my Discover Weekly playlist.

I did however enjoy last week's too and would love to be able to save it, but I've forgotten the artists and song names.

Is there a way to recover it? I wasn't able to find it in the history or anything as the playlist is owned by Spotify?

Thanks

Frank 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Solution!

lauren2true
Visitor

For computers:

Hi guys, you can retrieve the song you listened to through your song history.

Go to the bottom right hand side and click on the 3 horizontal lines. This should bring up your play queue. There is a history button beside it, and you can view all the songs you have listened to. You can retrieve your songs from the list. Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Solution!

rileyt
Regular

I made a simple tool that will automatically make a copy of your discover weekly playlist and save it to your Spotify, every Friday, in only one click (no need to setup an IFTTT account).

Rediscover - Spotify Discover Weekly Playlist Archiver

Once you connect it to Spotify, you don't have to do anything else and the copied version will just show up automatically each week! Please let me know if there are any issues or missing features on twitter: @rileytomasek

Daisy
Spotify Legend

Hey there,

Thanks for your question. We're happy to help.

Unfortunately it's not possible to recover your Discover Weekly. What you can do is put the songs in a playlist as soon as it's updated, that way you can listen to them later - even if there is already a new one 🙂

If this is something that you'd like to see in the future, you can also consider adding your +VOTE and feedback to support this idea.

The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. You can read more about it here.

Have a nice day!

97 Replies

Daisy
Spotify Legend

Hey there,

Thanks for your question. We're happy to help.

Unfortunately it's not possible to recover your Discover Weekly. What you can do is put the songs in a playlist as soon as it's updated, that way you can listen to them later - even if there is already a new one 🙂

If this is something that you'd like to see in the future, you can also consider adding your +VOTE and feedback to support this idea.

The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. You can read more about it here.

Have a nice day!

rchestnut

I downloaded the applette as per previous post, and sometimes it does not save my weekly playlists. Last week`s was awesome, and I wanted to download it today, but the new list just updated.

Is there a history button somewhere that I can see the songs I played? I must have listened to that playlist 10 times and I loved it.

il_baffo

"Empty: you have no songs in history"

Well I guess that the history is stored locally on the device but, sadly, on Windows Phone there is no "History" button.

Why there are so many differences between different devices?

jelenad

Dear Spotify.... 

PLEASE create a new functionality that allows you to go back to your weekly wishlist. Its an intuitive thing to expect and then search for.  Please get your briliant team to add this one in the next update! 

Your loyal customer and music lover! 

claracc1

Please spotify - sort this out! My playlist last week was THE BEST -- and i have no idea who and what i was listening to 😞

maylow

if linked with FB, simply go to FB and there in your acitivities you will find everything you played

BellyBlack
Casual Listener

Recovery is not a difficult task. If you download Android Data Recovery, it will make it easy. With the help of this program, you are able to recover deleted music files on Android devices conveniently and quickly.

Bee9

If you have your spotify synced up with your facebook, you can go to your 'Activity Log' and it should be there 🙂

James7777

Hi~

I need "Discover weekly playlist" 10/23~10/29 (2016)
Who can help me?

Thanks!

Solution!

rileyt
Regular

I made a simple tool that will automatically make a copy of your discover weekly playlist and save it to your Spotify, every Friday, in only one click (no need to setup an IFTTT account).

Rediscover - Spotify Discover Weekly Playlist Archiver

Once you connect it to Spotify, you don't have to do anything else and the copied version will just show up automatically each week! Please let me know if there are any issues or missing features on twitter: @rileytomasek

oliviahsa

where will the copied songs save to? Is there a playlist? 

willpohl

I just tried this and got a broken message, would really like to use this service.

ConstantineN
Regular

angelrey
Casual Listener

You are DA best! Thanks :')

timdiacon
Casual Listener

I made a handy little service to safetly back up your Discover Weeky playlist and recover whenever you want hope you find it useful 🙂

http://dwrewind.normally.com/

Lookingheart
Casual Listener
Hello,

I hope someone can help me, I've subscribed to the Canadian Country playlist by Spotify, which gets updated every week.
I remember listening to a song around the end of July, all I remember is the cover, a female artist, blonde locks (more like the old T. Swift), cat eyes & the cover had a blue-ish background.

If anyone remembers or even has a Rocketgraph of this playlist in July, I'd be grateful!

JohnnyCrazy
Music Fan

Hi,

Just a quick headsup, I just released discover-backup.com, which exactly does this.

It has some more features than the IFTTT-Rule, e.g different backup methods.

Some more info: Thread on Spotify

Thanks,

Johnny

vittoriabonifat
Casual Listener

Hi guys. I have the same problem. Last week my weekly playlist sent by Spotify was really good but unfortunately I didn't saved it! And now its lost.. I've been looking for a way to recover it, also thanks to this forum but didn't managed. CAn somebody help me? I was listening to the playlist from my phone and I can't look back at the recent songs I've listed to. It seems as if tehre is no more track of any of the songs played through that playlist.. Does anybody have an idea of what I can do? Thank you so much in advance! Love spotify but sometimes..... 

pekkaplanet
Regular

You could be me! Exact same story here...looking for a solution, but i seems all gone. To bad Spotify cannot show me previosly played songs. Time for a change here Mr. Spotify 🙂

11digitlabs

Hey @frankfu1122 and all the other fellow spotify listeners.

I created a small tool that comes in two flavours, in order to archive and EXPORT your discover weekly playlists

Here is a video for it

Here is a sample version of the free version, with data over the past 7 weeks https://rocketgraph.com/s/kNIy-ktkrop

You can find the tool here

Free version: https://rocketgraph.com/reports/36-spotlist-spotify-discover-weekly-archiver

Premium version: https://rocketgraph.com/reports/37-spotlist-spotify-discover-weekly-archiver-premium

Let me know if you have any comments / suggestions so I can improve it

Have a nice day

SUGGESTED POSTS