Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Repeatly Starts Playing Randomly

Repeatly Starts Playing Randomly

This issue has happened twice in the last 5 days. Spotify randomly starts playing music. Even when I stopped the music, it will play the next track a few minutes later then repeats several times. Even when changing the device within Spotify it keeps randomly playing on the last device. 

First time, it played a random artist which i have never have listened to before. It came on via my Echo. At first i thought it could have randomly heard some background noise and i requested Alexa to stop. However a few minutes later it started playing the next track which I stopped the track and looked within the Amazon Alexa app to check if anyone request the song. This repeated several times until i switched off my Echo.

Then last night it happened again but played the same song as the first time. Again played on the Echo first but i it turned off via my phone. I also logged in via the web app to see where the request was coming from. After several tracks and switch output to my phone and web player, I couldn't stop it randomly playing. In the end i selected web player then shut the browser. However checked on my phone later on, I could see that it continue to play.

So both times it played Nocna Impreza by Nugata first. However it did play other artist including Deget, Zajbi and Kanistok. None of which i have played before.

The next track plays about 2-3 mins later. Both times it at least went on for at least 5 times. Although both started on the Echo and with no Alexa requests logged, the next track will start on the active device.

Plan: Premium

Device: Web Player / Echo / iOS

Operating System (Windows 10, Echo v1, iOS 12)

1 Reply

Hey @cunliffe.

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this. We'll be glad to help you out!

Could you confirm that this is only happening when you are playing Spotify on the web player and through your Echo? 

If that is the case, then could you try seeing if this also happens with the desktop app on your PC? 

If it's still happening on the desktop app, we recommend you perform a clean reinstall following the steps outlined here.

Looking forward to hearing back from you! If you have any other questions, we'll be right here.

Suggested posts