Spotify On Chromebook!!

Re: Spotify On Chromebook!!

tylersuper6
Casual Listener

exactly, why would they do that? And when will they actually have the actual app

km12
Regular

yeah, mine has been really buggy lately with the adds. Normally I don't mind the ads that pop up at the bottom of the screen, but lately, they have been videos and it is really buggy when it is trying to load them. When I have tried to play a playlist I press the button and nothing happens, I have been having to completely reload the app and restart it again just to get it to work. I thought it was my wifi but it seems to just be the app. 

tylersuper6
Casual Listener
mine is buggy too i am sick of it pausing in the middle of a song

km12
Regular

mine does that all the time! It's really annoying. 

mikelbridge
Casual Listener

I was able to get this to work after updating Chromium on my old Acer Chromebook and restarting.  I discovered that I was using an old 2014 build, but I was able to upgrade via the "Help -> About" screen. My ChromeOS build number is now 53.0.2785.154.  

Bigger_Bonus

Hey I was just wondering where you found the "help" button. Thanks.

km12
Regular

same here had difficulty finding it. 

mikelbridge
Casual Listener

I have an older Chromebook here at work, and there's a little hamburger menu (i.e. three horizontal lines) to the far right of the URL bar.  When I click on that, there's a "Help and about" menu item in the menu, and there's an "About Chome OS" menu item within that submenu.  This brings up a page with a button that says "Check for and apply updates."  

The naming of these men items seems to be slightly different between versions of Chrome.

flamester7

I cant even download it when i click chromebook it just takes to me to webstore.

mikelbridge
Casual Listener

I think the Google play app is broken or abandoned for Chromebook.  I could only get the web version working....

SUGGESTED POSTS