The Beatles... Where are The Beatles...

Solved!

The Beatles... Where are The Beatles...

superbr0

I'm speechless. I need The Beatles. Please. Anything. Any song at all. Not covers, but the originals. Please. I'm begging.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: The Beatles... Where are The Beatles...

overfloater
Roadie

I'm pretty sure the publishing rights to much of the Beatles catalog are still a mess, as they have been for years.

That's a good part of the reason their albums took such a long time to appear on CD, such a long time to get digitally remastered, and such a long time to appear on any digital distribution channel -- and when that finally happened, it was still locked exclusively to iTunes through much of 2011.

I'm not sure where the exclusivity deal currently stands but the parties involved in releasing the catalog weren't terribly keen on digital distribution to begin with, so I wouldn't expect any kind of rapid movement to other digital channels. In this case, unfortunately, the fault lies very much with the artist... or those responsible for handling their music, anyway.

View solution in original post

Solution!

dogify
Casual Listener
You whiners know you can sync your iTunes catalog with Spotify, right? I'm sure you paid money for all the Beatles albums so just upload them to iTunes and sync your catalog with Spotify. Then listen to the Beatles through Spotify, no problem.

There are many artists who have chosen not to be on Spotify for one reason or another. And that's their prerogative. But if I own their albums, I just do the above and add them to playlists and listen to Spotify 100% of the time. All my music is there! Easy.

116 Replies

iPatsa
Gig Goer
They took a very long time to appear on iTunes so don't hold your breath...

Highlighted
Solution!

overfloater
Roadie

I'm pretty sure the publishing rights to much of the Beatles catalog are still a mess, as they have been for years.

That's a good part of the reason their albums took such a long time to appear on CD, such a long time to get digitally remastered, and such a long time to appear on any digital distribution channel -- and when that finally happened, it was still locked exclusively to iTunes through much of 2011.

I'm not sure where the exclusivity deal currently stands but the parties involved in releasing the catalog weren't terribly keen on digital distribution to begin with, so I wouldn't expect any kind of rapid movement to other digital channels. In this case, unfortunately, the fault lies very much with the artist... or those responsible for handling their music, anyway.

marcoacuna
Casual Listener

Another reason not to give money to Spotify!!!   I am sticking with Pandora One!! Cheaper and has all music I love... SPOTIFY YOU SUCK!

Spotify
Spotify

Marcoacuna - Thanks for that constructive feedback. Overfloater makes some relevant points. It's not our fault, we love The Beatles. You can read more about why some artists opt out here.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

marcoacuna
Casual Listener

Spotify: Unfortunately there are some artists who have opted not to be a part of Spotify at this point in time. Some frequently requested artists that are not in Spotify include The Beatles, Pink Floyd, AC/DC and Led Zeppelin. We hope that they change their minds regarding streaming soon!

I have uninstalled Spotify from my PC. Thank you but spotify does NOT meet the minumun needs for usage.

for $9.99 you claim I will never have to buy music again.. It sounds like false advertizing.. 

Please review you ad, make sure everyone knows that you only steam a few bands and NOT all bands, I am very dissapointed.

Spotify
Spotify
It's a shame you feel that way. We do have over 20 million tracks to discover, and we're adding thousands more every day, so we do feel as if there is plenty of music to listen to.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Davidrod37

its not the same, we want the beatles original music. Please cant you understand WE LOVE THE BEATLES, WE WANT THE BEATLES.

Spotify
Spotify
We love them too. Please look at why they're not on our service in my post above.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Fraxinus

Today I looked for The Beatles complete discography and when I realised they were not on spotify, if not just fake cover songs, I felt so disappointed! I mean wtf THE BEATLES guys!!!

SUGGESTED POSTS