Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Yamaha WXC-50

Yamaha WXC-50

Previously everything worked fine, but now spotify does not regognize Yamaha WCX-50 as available device. Either android app or PC client.

I have tried to instale older spotify version and cleared cache, but without any sucess. WXC's firmware verion is same when it last worked.

Same issue on my wifes cell phone.

Plese help !!!

4 Replies

Have you resolved this issue? 
My YAMAHA RX-A1060 had the same problem as you metioned. I have tried my mobile device with two different firmware versions, and checked WiFi setting, but spotify still does not regognize and connect to any my devices under the same WiFi environment. 
Not sure the problem caused by either SPOTIFY or YAMAHA or BOTH. 

I changed wireless connection wired connection, and it solved the problem . I haven't tried wireless connection since then.

I have tried the change of wireless to wired connection, but my situation was still failed. 

Thanks for your response. and, I still try figuring the solution out. 

Hi I am a long term spotify premium customer and am also experiencing this same issue connecting to the WXC-50 device. I am able to switch it on using the the musicCast app no problems and It used to work fine but, now does not work at all (it has been at least three or four months since I have been able to connect successfully), I basically can no longer select/see this device from the available device list. 

1. I have tried uninstalling the spotify app on my phone and reinstalling it.
  2. Re-registering with a new/different spotify account.
  3. Connecting WXC-50 via Ethernet instead of Wifi. 
  4. connecting it via my phone bluetooth which does works although the sound quality is inferior so am not keen on this as a solution.
  5. I tried registering with the another supported service "Deezer" and this works for me no problems and am able to play music over wifi.
  6. I have checked the firmware version which claims to upto date.

If you don't manage to resolve this issue within the next few weeks,  I regret i will be leaving your service for a competitor.

Suggested posts