Spotify Unlimited

Country

Uk

Device

desktop, via firefox Web player

Operating System

Linux Ubuntu

My Question or Issue

Hello, I just tried to post this but does not see it appearing, so it may end up being a duplicate.

I have a Spotify  Unlimited account and have had it for years. It now started to play ads, is that a recent change?

I certainly do not want to pay and still be tracked and be forced to listen to ads.

12 Replies

Hey @frading,

Welcome to the community!

There hasn't been any change to the Spotify Unlimited plan, you should still have uninterrupted listening on desktop. Let's try the following to get your subscription working again:

• Check that you're logged into the correct account. It's possible to create multiple Spotify accounts, each with their own login details, saved music, and subscription.

• Go to your subscription page and check that your Spotify Unlimited subscription is still active. 

• Log out and back into your account. Occasionally this is necessary to force a sync of info between your device and the Spotify account system

• Check the status of your payment.  If your Spotify payment is marked as 'pending' on your bank statement, it might not have gone through successfully. For more information, check out payment troubleshooting.

Let me know if you have any questions. Have a great day 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you for your reply.

I've indeed checked all this:

- I do not have multiple accounts

- my subscription is still active

- payments are up to date

Can you please confirm that I should definitely NOT hear any ads?

Anything else you can think of that I should check?

Many thanks in advance for your help

Hey @frading,

You definitely should not be hearing any ads on desktop.

Would you happen to know when you started experiencing this issue, and if the issue occurs on the desktop client as well as the web player?

Could you also try logging into your Spotify account on another computer to see if the issue persists?

Let me know how it goes 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

Thank you for confirming this.

The issue started to appear today.

And I am only using the web player, not desktop client.

Not sure I can test on another computer, but will do if the issue continues to happen, and will add to this thread.

Thanks a lot for your quick replies.

Best regards,

Hey @frading,

Would you be able to check if the issue occurs on the Spotify desktop application so that I can determine whether or not the issue is related to the web player?

If you haven't downloaded the Spotify desktop app yet, you can check out this support page for some steps to download and install it.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

Unfortunately, I've had issues in the past when installing the spotify desktop, so I don't think I will do it at the moment. So I won't be able to check this I'm afraid. Sorry about this.

But I'll certainly report back if that happens on another computer.

Hey @frading,

Let me know if you experience the issue on any other devices. I'll keep an eye out for your reply!

Have a great day 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

Hey @frading,

Let me know if you experience the issue on any other devices. I'll keep an eye out for your reply!

Have a great day 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

Hello,

I've been hearing ads again, again using my only account with Spotify Unlimited subscription. Same setup as my previous message. It was an ad for Viavan, whatever that product is.

Could you please look into it and make sure it does not happen anymore? It's concerning to know that ads can creep through, despite having had a paying account for years.

Hey @frading,

Can you try clearing your browser cache, cookies, and history, and see if that helps? If not, could you try accessing the web player using an incognito window?

If the above didn't resolve the issue, I'd need you to try accessing your Spotify account using the desktop application, so I can determine whether or not the issue is related to the web player.

Keep me posted 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

I have the same problem 😞 I want my money back!

Hey @1247030125,

Welcome to the community!

If you're interested in a refund, I'd recommend checking out the Spotify refund policy.

However, I'd be happy to help you resolve this issue. First up, can you try following the troubleshooting steps in this support article?

Let me know how it goes. I'll keep an eye out for your reply!

NoahSpotify Star

Suggested posts