Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bring back podcasts in recently played

Bring back podcasts in recently played

With a recent update, the Listening History has completely stopped showing podcasts and only includes music. Please bring back podcasts to this function!

42 Replies

This started happening again as of yesterday. 

come on, let’s get it together Spotify….

H follks, 

Thanks for your replies in this thread.

Just to check, when did this start happening again? Also, did you notice if it happened after a recent update or change? We'd recommend making sure both your OS and Spotify app are up to date. Also, try logging out and back in twice in a row. This is simple, but it will force a sync between your account and device.

Lastly, let us know the current OS on your devices and the version of the Spotify app you have installed.

We'll wait for your replies.

Susan_GPModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same here as of this week.  This has to be the buggiest app of all time.

Plan

Premium

Country

France

Device

Samsung A13

My Question or Issue

The podcast episodes i have been listening too do not show up in my listening history. It's been several days. I've tried the solutions from other posts ( logging out several times, deleting and reinstalling the app) but none of them work. Is this a new feature or just a bug ?

Thanks

Apple iOS: 17.2

Device: iPhone 12 mini

Spotify OS: 8.8.96.395

Date: 17 Dec 2023

Logged out and back in twice. 

Nothing has worked and the listening history has not shown podcasts since at least Dec 9 2023. Please fix as I rely on this feature. 

Same here. Mine are all missing as far back as October and then nothing. So sad. 

Thirth time typing this message.... jeesus murphy.

SMG970F/DS

Same problem.

I cleared cache, unistalled app, reinstalled app, log out, log in, log out, log in.

Last time it started to work again without any user interaction. It IS problem on the app/server side, so please try harder to solve it, Spotify. 

the same issue started a few days ago on both my tablet and phone - this is really frustrating.

Hey @loulou160114,

Welcome to the Community!

Does the issue persist on another device? Is this happening only with a specific podcast, or even with other podcasts and other content? 

Hope to hear from you soon so we can investigate this further. 

IvelinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This issue just started for me two days ago.  On a Google Pixel 8, Android 14, Spotify v 8.8.96.364

Same here! ☹️

i did all the reinstallation and reboots but nothing helps!

Hey, even i am having the same issue where my recently played podcast disappeared while the songs are there. My friend's Spotify is running good as its tracks his podcast as well. I have tried restarting, resetting logged out 2 3 times and still it isn't working. I am even on my premium plan and this is very dissapointing and frustrating.

I am using

Vivo v27pro

With Spotify latest version - 8.8.96.364.

I have the most recent version installed and I'm having the same issues. A couple of weeks ago I could see my podcasts in my listening history and now nothing.

Same issue here since couple of days ago. SMG975F/DS Andoid 12 Spotify app version 8.8.94.577. Not showing any podcasts in my listening history, several logout/logins did not help. 

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Amazon Fire 11

Operating System

Fire OS (latest as of 12/18/2023)

My Question or Issue

I mostly listen to podcasts, and am appalled to find no listening history.  None.  Anywhere.

My music listening history works fine.  Its there.  I *can* swipe pages and scroll back through podcasts that have played, but nowhere is there a history listed that I can refer to.

Help!

Not fixed as of 12/18/2023.

Yesterday (12/17/2023) I received a brand new kindle fire 11.  Installed the latest Spotify version on it, and there is no podcast listening history.

Version 8.8.96.664

I too am facing a similar issue as of a few days ago. Current date is 12/18/23. I use an iPhone XS and current version is 8.8.96

Hey @Eevee13,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

We hope you don't mind us moving your post out of the ideas section to one of our Help boards as it fits better here.

That being said, the behavior you mentioned sounds odd, so we'd like to investigate further. Would you mind sending us the make/model and OS of the device on which you noticed this behavior, along with the Spotify version you're running there?

On another note, and just to confirm, can you replicate this behavior on multiple devices? It'd be awesome if you could check.

Lastly, it'd be really helpful if you sent us a full description of this issue, along with some screenshots, so we can better understand exactly what is happening on your side.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

The regular functionality has returned after being missing for a few days, so I won't be able to share screenshots or anything with you. Thankfully it's fixed and you can close this thread! 

As far as I can tell, this feature doesn't exist on the desktop app, so I was never able to see if it happened on another device. 

Suggested posts