Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Casting to google cast very buggy

Casting to google cast very buggy

I have Youtube Music and Spotify. Youtube Music connects to all the speakers in my speakers' groups with no problem but Spotify seems to work some days and then not others. It always has the "connection beep" but doesn't always connect.
22 Replies

Everything appears to be working for me currently. 

- I can connect and control what my xbox is playing from my phone

- I can connect and control my google cast devices from my phone

- Whatever I'm listening to is now updating in my phone/desktop app/carthing simultaneously as expected.

I did not perform a clean reinstall, nor another basic reinstall, I just didn't mess with Spotify for a week and now it's all working.  I can appreciate the suggestion of the clean install, but that's asking a lot of users that may or may not have a good understanding of android file management; perhaps you could add the "clean uninstall" to the app's basic maintenance so that it's tidying things up when it's uninstalled?

Thanks for whatever was done behind the scenes to resolve this issue.

I ran across a possible resolution of this issue yesterday:

I have a soundboard that can be addressed individually as well as part of a Google Cast group. While the soundbar was responding on HDMI and Bluetooth, it did not respond to Google Cast. After power cycling the sound bar, it came online on Google Cast and with it all Cast groups.

So it looks like the entire group is failing when one device in the group does fail.

I will keep an eye on it and see, if this resolves it issue for good.

The built-in Spotify Chromecast application does not play songs when the playlist ends. When it reaches the end of the last song, even though the song time is 3:00, the time increases and goes on forever playing a blank sound. This only happens when I select Chromecast from the Spotify app. If in the Spotify I select the "This phone" playback option and then instead of Chromecast from Spotify, I launch the Google Home application and select Chromecast casting there, everything works fine. More tracks are played. So it's not the device's bug.
Please fix it 🙂
My phone: Realme 7 PRO, RMX2170, Android v12
Spotify: 8.8.56.538

SoundBar: LG SJ9 with Chromecast

2023-08-04 10_52_59-.png

Suggested posts