Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromecast-audio issue audiopath bug explained...

Chromecast-audio issue audiopath bug explained...

Pleas read very carefully cause i will only say this once! (some scene from some ww2 comedie soap), anyway

When playing any music with spotify on androind 6.01, and 5.0.2,while on this 6.0.1-smartphone ALSO is at least 1 bleutooth speaker registered in its BT menu (but not connected!). then casting to 2nd generation Chromecast-audio equipment gives the following issues on its spotify interface:

1 Allready connected to chromecast-audio succes (connected and casting), spotify seems to play it song correctly while the screen-seconds actualy go 1,2,3....

2 Though nothing is heard!

3 Changing a song or playlist does freeze the whole screen (nothing heard yet- just more freeze)

4 The powering up of the BT speaker, mentioned before, plays then the actual sound normally.

Sometimes this issue just is not there and everything works fine, until trying to change a song or playlist starts this bug.

Sometimes powering up comes with this bug, sometimes not.

So this seems like a audio-path issue to me.

Spotify, (or android?) should either route the Spotify-audio to BT or Chromecast (or speaker device, or headphone jack). Unless you want both/ some/ all at the same time. 

This bug describes that the audio path sometimes gets "locked" to BT, even after the user chooses Chromecast-audio

Equipment:

everything up to date

Android 6.01

Galaxy S7 and

Android 5.0.2

galaxy tab S MT 800

2nd geberation Chromcast-audio

no radio interferance (no neighbours)

Hope this detailed informasion helps someone working at either with spotify or with chromecast to understand and tackle the bug.

Kind regards,

Paul Spee

lucemferr@gmail.com

2 Replies

Hey @deugneet, welcome to the Spotify Community!

It's odd that this happens. Let us know if after restarting the app, it's possible for you to select the sound output without trouble. 

Have you tried with different devices too? Let us know if the same happens. You could also check that you have the latest firmware on your Chromecast. 

Finally, try a clean reinstall following these steps. Let us know if it makes any difference.

Take care 🙂

Hello, thanks for your reply. Yes i Have the same issues on several Devices. All Firmware is up to Date (also my WiFi Routers) tried also to connect chromecast on different WiFi Routers. Nothing helps.
I did not try a clean install of Spotify (as described in your mail) that's next for me to do And ill let you know. But i doubt it since one of my Devices is already New.
Well ill try Anyway.

Suggested posts