Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Clicking on the second artist or third when playing in app and web player on the device......

Clicking on the second artist or third when playing in app and web player on the device......

Clicking on the second artist or third when playing in app and web player on the device open only first artist

Hello Spotify team, I love the app, I'm using for 3 years, but I have an idea for you, I spoke with a support guy, and told me this is the way suppose to be, but please is just a small think but for me and other users will help:

Reproduce the issue :

1. In the app or on the web player (In my case is on Iphone X max, last update ios and app)

2.Search for a song which have 2 or more artist 

3. Try to click on the second artist- will only open the first artist (Because is the main artist? or why?

For me is slow because I need to search for the second artist, and on the desktop app in more easy 

In rest the best app <3.

Thank you.

All the best.

4 Replies

Hey @GeorgeBotcau,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

We hope you don't mind us moving your post out of the ideas section to one of our Help boards as it fits better here.

That being said, we'd like to add some insights. We couldn't replicate the behavior described in the web player from our side. When clicking the name of a second or third artist on a song,  we've been redirected to its profile. When moving the cursor to the names of the artists which collaborate in a song, the name would be underlined and highlighted in white. 

So, in this case, we'd recommend checking if this is happening if you change the browser you've been using and if you noticed any difference by changing the internet red you've been using. If possible, you can create a hotspot from your phone and connect your computer to it, to see if you notice any difference. Give it a try and let us know if changing the connection makes any difference.

Nevertheless, we could replicate the behavior you kindly described on a mobile device. We've gone ahead and passed this important info to the right team. We'd suggest you subscribe to this thread so you can stay up to date on the news we'll get about this matter.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

The issue doesn't exist on the browser/desktop version, only the mobile app has this issue.

Hey folks,

Our tech team confirmed that this is expected for the mobile app at the moment, but there's an idea about being able to open a featured artist's profile from the Now Playing View on mobile here, so check it out and show your support by giving it a thumbs up so it has a better chance of being considered!

The Community is always here if something else comes up in the meantime.

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

There's a closed idea for this feature here. Not sure if it gets active again if it gains enough votes, but if you'd still like to have the feature, maybe go and vote for it. I did just now, hope it gets implemented some day

Suggested posts