Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Duo Subscription

Duo Subscription

1. None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Hi everyone I want to know if me and my brother can get the duo subscription. He has a premium account and I want to know if we could upgrade for duo. He goes to college and we don’t live at the same place. I know Spotify uses google maps to make sure you live in the same location. So could we still get even though he doesn’t live at the same place? He does come back on weekends though.

3 Replies

Hey @Mkb0078,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome 🙂

So, to answer your question, yes, if your brother has Individual Premium plan, he can change it to a Premium Duo if he likes to by following these steps:

1. Go to his account page.
  2. Choose the plan he wishes.
  3. Put his payment information in again (he won't be charged for the change).

Nevertheless, keep in mind that you both must live at the same address, since this is one of the requirements to join someone else's plan. You can read more about it in this article.

Note: You can only switch Duo plans once a year.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away.

Cheers!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thank you for replying, he goes to college and comes back on The Weekends so he’s only here for about two days. Will it still work?

Hey @Mkb0078,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the info shared.

Since one of the requirements to join a Duo subscription is living at the same address, if you don't actually live together, it's not going to work. Keep in mind that the system uses the device location to verify the address registered on the plan and if it's not the same one, it will give an error.

Hope this clarifies things a bit. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts