Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can no longer open the Spotify library in the BMW

I can no longer open the Spotify library in the BMW

Keine der folgenden Informationen ist erforderlich. Je mehr Sie jedoch bereitstellen, desto einfacher wird es für uns, zu versuchen und zu helfen.

Planen

Gratisprämie

Land

Deutschland

Gerät

Fahrzeug BMW

Betriebssystem

(iOS 11)

Meine Frage oder Problem

This was the case a few days ago, but then it worked again and the library showed up again, but now it's gone again and I've tried both software versions from BMW, neither ID 7 nor ID 8 works .
I've deleted and reinstalled with no success, but the connection is up and you can go to the home page and take music from it and play it.
I hope you can help here because I've read that some people have this problem
Best regards

82 Replies

notify on chat tells me BMW confirms the Connection Drive is no longer available. No solution. I will quit Spotify and go on a competitive solution. Will be hard to sell it at home to the kids 😞

I will do that too and cancel my account, which I use Spotify for the most part in the vehicle because I travel a lot, will then switch to Amazon or Apple Music!
Thanks for the info!👍

I have the same problem from a few days ago. My library is there on my mobile phone but in the BMW it says No Entries Available.

My current assumption is, that their chat support mixed something up with the depreciated service through Connected Drive back in 2020, which worked in iDrive 6.

I haven't heard any information about removing Spotify from BMW OS7 / OS8 yet.

If that was the case, I would end my Spotify subscription too.

So with all feedback from Spotify support, it is BMW's fault and you should contact BMW yourself, if BMW have any questions about this, they are welcome to contact Spotify.
After that statement I'm out and will cancel my account.
Everyone stay healthy!! 👍🏼 👋🏼

Now that I've spoken to an employee from Connected Drive, he recommended that I delete my BMW account in the vehicle and reinstall it, which you should then do, is a software reset in the vehicle, and you keep it running while stationary Press the on/off button of the volume controls for about 5 seconds until the screen goes black, it will start by itself after a short time, don't worry. I've already done that and don't forget to update the apps in the vehicle, if it still doesn't work, Connected Drive will open a ticket for this problem!
I'll give it a try, but not until tomorrow, just wanted to give you the status of BMW.

@cross1962 I tried that yesterday and no solution for me.

Did you delete your account in the vehicle and register again and complete all the steps?
Then BMW Connected Drive has to open a ticket to their software department to solve the problem, it's funny that you can't get this problem under control.
Thanks for the info

Now the complete library is empty 😡

@pacecar3

In this conversation, aj is about the playlist (library) no longer being able to be opened and the message coming up: No data saved!.

Why is she gone now, what did you do and how long has she been gone?

@cross1962 I only opened the libary.

Do not waste your time. I tried and it doesn’t work for this specific issue.

@JFD666

Then a reset and deleting the account in the vehicle will not solve the problem, if that's what you mean!?.

I contacted the Bmw connected drive support in Belgium for the 3 rd time and they confirmed that this is now a known general issue ( it was not the case 3 days ago…).  Now will Spotify deign to move ? Or will they only react when we will start to unsubscribe from their service as they will continue to blame other companies ???

@JDD666

But it would also make sense if BMW would approach Spotify, there the pressure is a bit greater, apparently it's not relevant for users who pay for it!!

Thanks for the hint👍🏼

Yes.

I will contact Connected Drive in Munich again and they should open a ticket about this failure.

I have exactly the same problem in my Volvo, in Australia.

Spotify support tells me it is a Volvo problem, but I very much doubt that.  When I told Spotify BMW owners have the same problem, the response was "And for BMW Spotify is not supported anymore, at least for now."

Maybe the issue is the the Volvo sim is from Singapore, and the Spotify account is an Australian account?

Hello everyone,
I passed this error on to Connect Drive in Munich today,

Dear sir ,

Many thanks for the friendly conversation.

We coordinate with our colleagues in the department and get back to you as soon as we have an answer.

Best regards
Your BMW customer service

so i hope this problem will be fixed soon,
a little patience, fellow leaders.

best regards and have a nice weekend👋🏻

I have this problem on my Volvo XC 60, few months old. I'm sure Spotify was working on the previous release....

Since there is a discussion about this problem that seems to be related to the car, I enter my account on my wife's brand new BMW and .....the same problem on the BMW. That means that is not related to the car since BMW and VOLVO have exactly the same problem. Can be maybe related to my account BUT on the phones, ipad and PCs (WIN and OSX) it works perfectly.

So....SPOTIFY HELP SERVICE, are you going to give us a solution or tell us what is going on?
Thanks

Suggested posts