Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issue with empty playlists on network devices (tv, network hifi players, other network devices)

Solved!

Issue with empty playlists on network devices (tv, network hifi players, other network devices)

Something is changed in Spotify api recently, because I cannot get Playlists on my Marantz. Loging out, factory reset deos not help. Playlists show empty.

Spotify - fix this asap, as I will be quiting premium if I cannot play it on my hifi stereo.
71 Replies

This is a spotify issue, not the other way around with all those different devives with the same issue all of a sudden.

It seems that Spotify is not concerned at all and is does not even try to
fix the problem...

Time to cancel subscription and move to Deezer

I'm in conversations via DM on Twitter with Spotify.  I have logged in and retrieved playlists via their test account.  Logged back in under my account and playlist are still empty, so this validates that it is not my wi fi player or my account but definitely something failing to import my playlist from their end.  I'm waiting on next steps so will keep posting progress on here.......

This really must be on spotify's side, some change in the way playlists are imported and shown.

I saw an artical on the internet posted in 2012. Someone from spotify saying to have changed some account settings and then the issue was resolved. No ral action was described.I believe this is something that has to do with permissions or protocol/code. On the web and my phone, even laptops or desktop it works just fine. 

With all these devices affected like marantz, denon, samsung tv, WDTV Live etc it can not be a vendor or devices issue. It all started around this weekend or some before.

I ruled out my device by resetting it fully and checking network and firewall settings.

Besides taht, my Onkyo receiver has the same issue, no playlists anymore since last week.

Spotify, acknowledge please and fix this. whether your side or not, check things out and help your customers out of this playlist mess.

Completely agree with you.  I noticed the problem last Friday 13th!! when I added a new playlist and it didn't update on my wi fi player but was fine everywhere else.  Saturday morning I logged out and back in again thinking it just needed a refresh, that was when my playlists all disappeared and since then display empty.  As I said in earlier post, they are looking into it so will give them time to troubleshoot as they have more information to work with now I have been able to see playlist in their test account.  There is a lot of noise on here about the issue and I'm sure that will grow, so they will need to address it.

Daily updates would be nice by spotify 🙂 Lots of customers involved here.

Marantz MCR 510 - ebenfalls leere Playlists. Problem liegt eindeutig bei Spotify. Wenn es nicht bald behoben wird, bin ich weg - und mit mir alle anderen von unserem Family-Account. 

It would be nice to see an official, public, acknowledgement from Spotify that this is their problem. I have an ongoing discussion with Spotify Cares' facebook messenger account where they say they've passed it to their tech team, but no public announcement. It happens on both my Marantz MCR610 and Samsung DVD player, so it is clearly a spotify issue. 

Same problem here. Playlists are loading as empty. I use my Marantz M-CR610 for work and every morning i have to search for an album to put on.

They need to fix this.

Bonjour,

Je rencontre également le même problème avec ma Denon RCD-N8 depuis décembre 2016, toutes les playlists restent vide, avec message 'empty', après une minute de figeage.

J'ai fait un reset usine de la Denon, sans aucun résultat. 
Je pense que l'incident vient de Spotify. Je ne rencontre pas d'incident lorsque je me connecte en ligne à Spotify ou depuis Androïd.

Latest response from the Spotify Cares facebook messenger team, which I guess is as official as we're going to get: 

--

Our developers are aware of an issue affecting a small number of users at the moment and are looking into this backstage. Thanks for bearing with us. Stay tuned.
-- 

@NETR

So i have had a online chat and they refered me to the register Marantz page i cant seem to find the serial code for mine. Does this help anyone?

spotify problem.jpg

The page on the right is what they linked me.

The reply i sent you before they tried to say it wasnt supporte with spotify!

which it is !

spotify problem2.jpg

A small number of users? Hah oh my dear Spotify....It is not just users, it is the devices they use to access spotify, think a bit more affected than spotify thinks.

Still no playlist on my wdtv live nor onkyo receiver. It refreshes a bit then stops and shows nothing on wdtv live.

Still waiting for more developers news in this case. Also reported this to the Spotify Cares FB page.

Havana, this is not your device's issue, it is spotify. Stop contacting your manufacturer 🙂

Spotify works fully, it just shows NO playlist at all which ARE visible on phone or webplayer.

Firmware of a device only has use if the firmware contains the specific fix for this issue. I do not believe it does. 

Response I got when FB messaging with Spotify Cares Team:

No real cause mentioned or resolution time.

Sorry for the confusion. Our best tech folks are on the case as we speak. Hopefully we'll have a fix soon!
Me
Any details to share?
Probable cause?
SpotifyCares

SpotifyCares
We don't have any more info to share, but don't worry as this is already being looked into. Thanks for reporting!

Yeah. I was contacting Spotify...the live chat is useless.

SpotifyCares - Good to know you are now acknowledging the issue but could you share that with the rest of the fault handlers at Spotify?  In the last couple of days I have been asked to restart my router, try a test account, log in log out, send a picture of my empty playlist.  I haven't minded co-operating as I understand that you need to gather information to assist with diagnosing and root causing but I now feel I am being asked to do these things to fob me off, as only yesterday I was aked to do a hard reset and report back.  If it's a known issue please just tell people.  Timescales to fix would be good too!

Working for me now on a Marantz MCR610. Slow to enter the main playlist menu, but ok once I'm in. 

Suggested posts