Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Jam queue reshuffles when someone adds a song

Jam queue reshuffles when someone adds a song

Whenever I'm in a Jam with someone, the playlist queue currently playing will reshuffle each time the other person adds a song to the queue.
3 Replies

Hey @mintyskunk,

Welcome to the Community!

As this shouldn't be happening I recommend that you both clear the cached files on your devices to avoid the possibility of them causing any performance issues. In addition to this, also make sure you and the other person are using the newest available Spotify-version

Should there be no difference, start a new Jam session once from your account and once via the other person's account and invite each other to test if the app would behave the same.

If the queue keeps reshuffling, it'd be great if you could send us a video recording so we can take a look. You can either attach it via the Insert Video option in the post editor or upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us if the attachment is too big (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

We'll be on the lookout 🙂

IvelinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

There's the videos, we tried both ways (tho the videos are just different "angles" of the same session) and this happened.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1DqBYphNKvHRW6xbWyKF9_gDcphJK8Ng3?usp=sharing

Hey there @mintyskunk

Thanks for sending us this info! 

Could you let us know if this only happens when you're in a Jam session on the desktop app or this happens on the mobile app as well? 

On another note, has this always happened or it started happening after a specific event such as an update either of Spotify or the OS of your devices?

Lastly, would you mind checking if the same happens if you use a different network? 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts