Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Discover Weekly is useless now

My Discover Weekly is useless now

My Discover Weekly (why I have Spotify) is just garbage. Same with my wife. I think it's because of the Sonos. We listen to white noise at night through a Spotify -> Sonos integration. This used to not affect our respective recommendation lists, but now it's complete blackout for real music. It's been this way for a month now. 

Either there was an algorithm change that now uses timespent (doubtful - since there's never been a leak of any sleep stuff into the lists before before), or Sonos usage used to default to private and now it doesn't.

Spotify data scientists. Check out how many of these "song" are now being recommended in your discover weekly, filtered for those users with Sonos activated.

Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 11.52.21 AM.png

1 Reply

Hey @jeremyclover, help's here.

Whenever you listen to something that you don't want to have recommendations about or added to your Discover Weekly in the future, you can switch to private listening.

Keep in mind that the songs you've listened to before may not take effect on your Discover Weekly immediately, which might explain why the recommendations haven't popped up before. 

Keep listening to your favorite music without private mode, and only activate it during the night, and your Discover Weekly's should reflect your true preferences soon.

Hope that helps 🙂

Suggested posts