Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No sound from Sonos PLAYBAR based zone using Spotify

Solved!

No sound from Sonos PLAYBAR based zone using Spotify

Has anyone out there had an ongoing no sound problem with a specific Sonos zone using Spotify?  I have a three Sonos zone setup, one using a PLAY 5 (Living Room), one using a third party speaker linked via RCAs to a CONNECT (Bedroom) and one using a PLAYBAR, SUB and two PLAY 1 speakers (Den).  

Since (coincidently or otherwise) linking Spotify to my Sonos account I can play Spotify through the Living Room and Bedroom zones perfectly well all of the time.  However I cannot get sound through the PLAYBAR based Den set-up.  All other Sonos functionality is OK (Music Library and Radio by Tunein) in all zones.  However, when using Spotify through the Den zone the sound meters funtion indicating there is a signal, but there is no sound.  The only work around I have discovered is if I link the Den zone to one of the other zones using Spotify, it then works fine!  I can subsequently reduce the volume on the other zone to silent.  If however I then delink the other zone, the Den zone goes silent again, even though the signal is still flowing.  Frustrating!  

This problem is persistent and ongoing.  I have not been able to use the Den zone with Spotify at all since the partnering of Spotify and Sonos.  Applemusic worked fine, but I not longer have that service.  Also, this problem persists irrespective of what Apple based controller I use, be that Macbook Pro, iPad or iPhone.  

The only other clue I can offer is I get a message sometimes when testing the Den zone saying "Unable to play (Song) the connection to Spotify was lost"  

Any suggestions to resolve?  I'm stuck.  

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

So, coincidently or otherwise, today's Sonos update has been installed, my PLAY 5 zone (room) disappeared, I reinstalled it and now everything works fine.  Sonos troubleshoot post resolved.  

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

So, coincidently or otherwise, today's Sonos update has been installed, my PLAY 5 zone (room) disappeared, I reinstalled it and now everything works fine.  Sonos troubleshoot post resolved.  

Suggested posts