Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No volume normalization Spotify Connect on Denon Heos

No volume normalization Spotify Connect on Denon Heos

It seems that the 'volume normalisation' option is not available when using Spotify Connect on my Denon Heos Link Hs2. 

Is this a Denon problem or do you guys have the same problem when using 'spotify connect'?

The result of not having 'volume normalisation' is a very uneasily experience. I have to adjust the volume every 5 minutes when playing playlists.

3 Replies

Hey @wouters1982.

Thanks for getting in touch!

When using Spotify Connect, certain settings will be greyed out and won't be usable. Mostly because the Spotify Connect device is streaming straight from our servers, and not through the device you are using as a remote. You'll need to look for this setting in your receiver/speaker. Keep in mind that it can have a different name on your device. It can be called a Limiter for example. 

Hope this answers your question. Let us know if you have further question.

Have a nice day!

Hey Guido, 

Thanks for your answer but with all respect I think you got it wrong. There are no divices who can control the gain / limiter / normalisation of Spotify Connect. Can you name one? 

I have checked the bluesound, the denon en the chromecast streamers. That pretty much sums up the market.  

This is on the Spotify side of things and a update is needed. I now prefer internetradio over spotify due to the normalization lack of Spotify Connect. Please inform the development team. They should make it a priority. 

Hey @wouters1982.

Thanks for your reply.

The app can only add an effect like volume normalization via the desktop and mobile apps. Since we do not have full access to the Software or Firmware of third party devices, some options such as this are unavailable.

With Connect - Spotify basically tells a speaker how to find and play a song or playlist that's available on our service, but the actual playback, including sound settings are managed by the device itself.

As an example, the bass, treble and other sound option on Sonos speakers can be set via the Sonos app, but not via Spotify itself 🙂

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts