Step 1

NEXT STEP

No way to disable voice saying "resuming playlist"

No way to disable voice saying "resuming playlist"

Plan

Premium

Device

Samsung Galaxy S9

When I'm connected to my car via Bluetooth and I open Spotify, it will interrupt with a voice saying "Resuming [playlist title]" before autoplaying whatever playlist or song was last open.

This voice "feature" is awful and I would like to know if there's a way to disable it. Who decided to implement this? I know what song I'm playing? Why would I need a robot voice telling the name of the music that I put on? Very frustrating.

Thank you

Top Answer
MihailY

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reaching out and taking the time to share your thoughts about this change.

Spotify is regularly testing new features and changes to the UI and what you're currently seeing is one of those tests. It's currently not possible to disable the feature, but rest assured, your feedback from this thread is being forwarded to the relevant team.

Now, regarding the Shuffle feature being disabled after the announcement, note that this is being investigated here, so make sure to provide the requested info to speed up the investigation.

Thank you!

116 Replies

Sort yourselves out Spotify. Offer disable features for this now, or just get rid. Nobody wants this

How do we turn this off? Soooo annoying. I can tell it's resuming because I can hear with my ears.

AGREEDD

PLEASE REMOVE THIS or give us option i hope this isnt just tracking some user data stuff... Enough dont want just take it off as  another said playlists resets too **bleep** its disgrace.. 😡😠😤😭 

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reaching out and taking the time to share your thoughts about this change.

Spotify is regularly testing new features and changes to the UI and what you're currently seeing is one of those tests. It's currently not possible to disable the feature, but rest assured, your feedback from this thread is being forwarded to the relevant team.

Now, regarding the Shuffle feature being disabled after the announcement, note that this is being investigated here, so make sure to provide the requested info to speed up the investigation.

Thank you!

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm here too as I HATE this bug. not a feature, a bug. I think I'll have a look at Youtube music as I use spoifty mainly in the car and if it doesn't do what I want, then I just won't use it.

If this is a test, you need to provide an option to opt out of all test features. Because every single one I've ever gotten, including this one, has been worse than what it replaced.

Hate the voice that tells me what I already know or expect. Would be fine with it if others like the robot announcer, and I could turn it off in settings.

Just another user here to say I don't like the voice at all. Please provide an option to disable 

I sure hope yall get rid of this "feature" or give us the option to turn it off. Also I wish the forum had a reply feature so I could tell Hayekexplosives up there thats its possible to complain about a feature without complaining about trans people and affirmative action. Edit: Oh there is a reply feature, meh too late now

This is absolutely idiotic. Add some highly disruptive 'feature' that NO ONE EVER ASKED FOR and give us NO WAY TO DISABLE IT??????? 

This BS has been happening for what 3 weeks now? 

I have cancelled my near 10 year premium subscription. Y'all are completely out of touch. 

I am cancelling my subscription until this is removed. I would rather drive in silence.

I would absolutely rather drive in silence, or listen to an audio book *on Libby* than have this ridiculously loud voice announcing the playlist/album info out of nowhere. it happened today and woke my napping kiddo up in the backseat!!!!! UGHHH. (it had previously been playing his soft, calm, soothing, naptime playlist) and aside from turning off shuffle/repeat, I have had it start an entirely different random playlist twice now.

what a horrible "feature" to spring on your unsuspecting - and paying! (for some of us at least) - customers without any option to turn it off... other than just getting rid of Spotify now I guess.

two thumbs down, ya'll. 

I also would like this "feature" to be removed ASAP, please. More annoying than anything. 

Yeah, this feature is absolute garbage. We’re well aware the music is resuming considering we’re returning to the app to resume listening… The voice sucks, it ruins the flow of the playlist and listening, it’s loud and resets the whole listening experience even. I was midway through an album on shuffle then it started a new playlist and I had to replay the album again. Then it happened on my second listen. Straight garbage. Who asked for this idiotic nonsense?

I am so sick of this! This is not a “feature” for everyone. This is accessibility options material and should be subject to the users discretion. 

Users should opt in for beta testing if this is the case. I’m not paying monthly for a test platform. I’ve been a Spotify user for over 12 years. 

Please god let me turn this annoying garbage off

Yeah this is a garbage feature and the worst part of it is the worst part of it is is that you only having a song playing before you go and leave the truck or the car and then when you come back it it just decides that you no longer need to finish that song and we're going to play whatever the **bleep** I want and I'm over it I'm about to delete Spotify and cancel my premium forever I come from the old times when we just bit torn it everything and honestly you're making me want to go back

Wow that is so bad, i really hope DEVS GET TOLD AND TAKE IT off imagine doin this to paying customers oh wait they already do.. 😔☹️ DEFO NEED OPT OUT. Its clear its for tracking and annoying purposes. To see how humans react to playlists losing history and halting our musics. And they always blep out random parts of comments when i aint swea ring lol whats up with that

Suggested posts