Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Onkyo NR616

Solved!

Onkyo NR616

Hi! Just got an Onkyo NR616 reciever. The Spotify integration was one of the main reasons for my purchase. I have just updated it to the last available firmware. I have connected it to the internet. I go to the Spotify App on the Reciever, but when i put in my spotify login info (very sure i am typing correct, tried 20 times) the login fails with this message: login error. please check your account information. 

I need help on this one. I have tried to find the answer in several other threads of the forum, other forums etc. but still dont have a solution. 

44 Replies

I seem to have premium on everything. It still wont let me log into Spotify on my reciver, I used the 10 digit username and my fb password. I was wondering if that maybe my issue? I simply signed in with facebook on my phone and tablet but there is no option for that on the onkyo. Is there anyway to change my password for spotify, without using Facebook?

Marked as solution

@eagleswing wrote:

I seem to have premium on everything. It still wont let me log into Spotify on my reciver, I used the 10 digit username and my fb password. I was wondering if that maybe my issue? I simply signed in with facebook on my phone and tablet but there is no option for that on the onkyo. Is there anyway to change my password for spotify, without using Facebook?

If you normally log in using Facebook, you need to retrieve your Spotify username (which I am guessing you have already done) and set your Spotify device password from this page.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

If you normally log in using Facebook, you need to retrieve your Spotify username (which I am guessing you have already done) and set your Spotify device password from this page.

Peter

Ah, just got it to work. I figured I was doing somthing wrong with the ppassword because it didnt make since that I could login that way. Thanks for the help hammeh.

@oyvindardal Don't worry I haven't forgotten about you.

There are some posts on the previous page directed at you incase you are wondering!

Peter

Peter

Omg, its working! I tried yesterday when home from work, it didnt work. Then for some other reason, i disconnected from the wifi, and connected to another wifi, tried again and guess What 🙂 awesome. Thanks a lot for helping me guys, all though the wifi router seemed to cause the issue. I am happy now.

YEY! 😄

Enjoy your music!

Peter

Peter

When i go to the set device password page i just get this error message:

Error 404 - Not found

Sorry, but the page you requested does not exist.

this is the URL: http://support.spotify.com/no/[prefix]/account/set-device-password/

What to do??? :S

Try:

http://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#/article/connect-devices/

Peter

Peter

Also got a new Onkyo, Spotify integration the main reason for bying. As I understand it we will need a special username and password for connecting the device, the facebook login doesnt work. And there is a link in the userguide; http://www.spotify.com/us/help/faq/devices/connect-devices/

However, this link does not work (at least not from norway; error 404 Not found). Please correct it, or correct me if i'm wrong 🙂

Hans

Try these steps (stolen from Spotify for Tivo):

1. Click here to visit the Spotify sign in page.
  2. On the sign in page, click Log in with Facebook. This’ll launch a new window.
  3. In the new window, enter your Facebook email address and password, and click Log In.
  4. Make a note of the device username – usually a string of numbers. You’ll need this later to sign in to Spotify on TiVo.
  5. Click Send e-mail to set password.
  6. Check the email account you use to sign in to Facebook.
  7. You’ll have an email from Spotify – open it and click the Set your device password link.
  8. On the Set a password for your devices page, enter a memorable password and click Set device password.

Peter

Peter

Thank you! 🙂

The link in step one works, but not when i used the link i the help menu.

Wierd but now my onkyo is up and running, so thanks again hammeh. 🙂

Glad its working 🙂 

Enjoy your music!

Peter

Peter

I am having the same problem on my Onkyo CR-N755. It seems that the problem is that to use this type of device a Premium Membership is required. Is that correct? Where is that stated?

Arg! I posted before I read all of the thread. It looks like there are three requirements:

- Spotify Premium is required

- Setup device specific login on Spotify account device subpage

- Setup Spotify login on the device using the device specific login info

Anything else needed?

@vcolborn wrote:
Arg! I posted before I read all of the thread. It looks like there are three requirements:

- Spotify Premium is required

- Setup device specific login on Spotify account device subpage

- Setup Spotify login on the device using the device specific login info

Anything else needed?

That sounds about right 😉

Peter

Peter

So just to be sure. I CAN use my spotify premium which was created with facebook login, on an Onkyo reciever ? Thought i have read somewhere in the FAQ that this was not possible.

@Micros wrote:

So just to be sure. I CAN use my spotify premium which was created with facebook login, on an Onkyo reciever ? Thought i have read somewhere in the FAQ that this was not possible.

Yes you can, you just need to retrieve your Spotify username on your account which will be a string of 10 digits as well as setting you device password. You can then use those details to sign into your account on devices such as onkyo which don't support Facebook authentication. 

Instructions are here 🙂 

Peter

Peter

I have the same issue here, but when i try to get a new password link, nothing arrives.

I even changed the e-mailadress in F.B. but i don't get an email.

I'm sure this has nothing to do with junk mail.

I've even tried to change my password in FB but that didn't work also.

Help?!

@Richmar wrote:

I have the same issue here, but when i try to get a new password link, nothing arrives.

I even changed the e-mailadress in F.B. but i don't get an email.

I'm sure this has nothing to do with junk mail.

I've even tried to change my password in FB but that didn't work also.

Help?!

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Is your email correct on your online profile (if it is shown there for Facebook accounts)? 

If you haven't get the email get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to get that email out to you manually. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Thanks Peter,

i've used the contactform.

Hopefully the agent sends me that mail.

Suggested posts