Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recommended Songs make absolutely no sense.

Solved!

Recommended Songs make absolutely no sense.

Hi guys,

I've noticed that on a hip-hop playlist I created, with lots of songs from the likes of Kendrick Lamar, Drake, YG and Childish Gambino, the recommended songs are absolutely random, from country to latin music. What's happening here??

I attached a screenshot of the problem.

Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 14.09.41.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed, help's here. 

Although the recommended songs are based on the playlist, music can differ depending on genres, and some music can have several different genres/subgenres which match that of your music. 

The songs may change when you add or remove music, so your playlist might've included music that match the recommended songs, but not anymore, which creates a delay in the recommended songs section.

Try adding some more music of the sort you like and see if the recommended songs change after a while. The more content the playlist has, the more specialized the recommended songs should be. 

Hope that helps 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed, help's here. 

Although the recommended songs are based on the playlist, music can differ depending on genres, and some music can have several different genres/subgenres which match that of your music. 

The songs may change when you add or remove music, so your playlist might've included music that match the recommended songs, but not anymore, which creates a delay in the recommended songs section.

Try adding some more music of the sort you like and see if the recommended songs change after a while. The more content the playlist has, the more specialized the recommended songs should be. 

Hope that helps 🙂

Suggested posts