Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Samsung Gear Sport] Offline Music

Solved!

[Samsung Gear Sport] Offline Music

Hello,

As it was announced, that the Samsung Gear Sport will have the ability to store music from Spotify offline I bought the watch yesterday. I installed Spotify and am dissapointed, not to be able to find the function. I only find the possibility to "Stream on Wifi" (the Gear Sport has no wifi) and remote the phone.

Am I doing something wrong? Have I downloaded the wrong app (It was from the Gear Galaxy App Store) or is there just an update to be made that I have to wait for?

With best regards

Erkan Ertan

40 Replies

Connect your watch to wifi directly. Then you will have the chance to download.

Yeah mate i have tried that all ready with no success 

I have the same issue, I can't figure it out!!

Marked as solution

I just have to say this was the most difficult thing to figure out on this darn watch.  I purchased this watch because I need the running app and the music.  I don't like to take my phone bc I don't have a place to put it when I run outside.  So this is what I did and it took a bit of playing around to figure out....

1. I believe you need Spotify premium to use offline...I didn't figure this out without it....

2. Using your phone app to upload playlists is the easiest way to gather the music you like. I created a "Run" playlist and added songs to it.

3. Then I went into my watch, opened the app, make sure the playlist is in it, also you need to be connected to your WiFi on your watch to do this

4. Open playlist, you'll see a "Download" button, swipe right, it turns green.  

5. This downloads the playlist songs

6. After it downloads, I turn off my WiFi on my watch (not sure if makes a diff or not but I wanted to make sure I was listening "Offline"

7. In Spotify app goto the "Settings", scroll to "Offline" and turn it to "ON"

8. I also connect to my BT earphones too.

9. Go back out to your menu and go into "Your Music"-"Your Playlist"-Select your playlist you downloaded

10. It should say you are playing "Offline"

I hope this helps....also try logging in and out of your spotify watch app if you are not seeing the playlists that you just created on your phone app....I did that too....whew..

I have Spotify Premium, my watch is connected to WiFi, my playlist is visible in the Spotify app on my watch. However, when I open the playlist, I don't see the download button you're referring to. I have the buttons to play or skip songs backward or forward. There are three dots at the bottom of the screen which, if I click, open a screen showing shuffle, save, repeat, volume. No download anywhere. Advice?

Hi
I’m not super tech savvy, but this is what I see on my watch:

1. You have to make sure your music is not on the “offline” and that you are connected to you’re WiFi only
2. Open Spotify app on you’re watch.
3. Open “Your Music”
4. Open “Your Playlist”
5. Open the playlist you want
6. At the top there’s a large green “Shuffle Play” sign
7. Click the watch right one time and there should be a “download” with a grey button next to it. You should be able to slide it to the right to make it green.
8. Downloading takes a few minutes depending on how much is in your playlist.....

If you are seeing the song and three dots at the bottom, then you went too far, you need to back out to the menu where you can scroll to see all of the music in your playlist....the “download “ button is at the top of that playlist. I hope that helps....

I really appreciate the reply. I feel like there must be an issue with the app. When I open a given playlist, I don't get a list of the songs with the shuffle button. It takes me directly to the song that is playing - the screen with the 3 dots. Ah, well...Thanks for taking the time! 

This is all correct except that you first have to go into the spotify settings on your watch and change the "Playback" setting to "Stream on wifi".  Thanks for the tips!

I just read on Spotify’s wearable page that Gear Sport only supports iOS for offline list playing so that you can go for a run without your watch.  Is this correct?  I am trying it out fine with my iPhone but I was going to switch to a Pixel phone but not sure that’s going to happen if I can’t do that sync.

I can't get logged in with "Stream on Wifi".  This is so frustrating - I really wish they would get their act together.

I have yet to be able to make it work.  I chatted with Spotify customer service and got nowhere.  Super annoying.

Make sure your watch is connected to a strong wifi connection ....for me sometimes it kicks me out of my wifi network so I have to reconnect by going into the settings of the watch and then to the "connections" tab, there you can tab through all the wifi settings.....

Bingo! Was having the same issues as everyone else, but I stumbled onto these same steps and it works.  Only issue remaining for me- once the playlist is on my S3 Frontier and they are playing offline.... there is no way to "shuffle play".  It only seems to play in the order they are listed in the playlist.  I guess I can live with this after all the work to finally get it to play, but anybody find a way to shuffle??

I bought a Samsung gear sport yesterday and I am probably being dim,but I can't seem to download the Spotify app. I have premium and the offline option was one of the reasons I chose this watch. 

I have read this feed, through the music player button on my watch,I can access Spotify as long as the Bluetooth is on. My Wi-Fi is on but as soon as I switch off Bluetooth it can't find my playlists.

I'll keep looking but if anyone could shed any light on what I'm doing wrong I'd appreciate it.

Thanks 

Ok, mostly all sorted. Just can't download? Turned off Bluetooth so just on Wi-Fi but it still wouldn't allow me to download. 

Any advice? 

I finally (FINALLY) was able to download.  I'm not sure what did the trick, but the Gear app had an update available today which I installed.  I had previously removed Spotify from my watch, but redownloaded it today.  When I logged in, I had to use the random letter/number user name Spotify assigned to me.  (I had previously been able to log in on my watch using the user name that I chose when I created my account, but could not today.)  At that point, once I was successfully logged in, I followed the prior poster's instructions again and the download button was now available when I went into a playlist.  Good luck!

All sorted! Able to download too. Thanks for all the help. 

Upvote the suggestion. This forum will not allow me to link but you can search for: Android-Playlists-Shuffle-support-for-Samsung-Gear-Sport

I was able to download. All sorted. 

Worked for me, but I had to log into Spotify on Wifi on the Watch itself (i.e., enter user name and password into Spotify on the Watch).

Suggested posts