Samsung Smart TV

Solved!

Samsung Smart TV

PhoenixGB

Hi

I have a Samsung Smart TV purchased in Dubai, i reset the TV and started it all up whilst connected to my UK VPN, i have the Spotify app but i get a message saying that the TV's firmware doesnt support the app.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

David
Spotify Legend
Hello everyone.

Just been informed that Spotify should be back up for E5000 / 6000 devices now. Ensure your Firmware is up to date and it should be in your Samsung app marketplace.
Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

89 Replies

Popfan
Music Fan

Hopefully the app will appear/run (on the 5 & 6 series) after the 1031 update. That's what Samsung's support told me. Fingers crossed!

timlevell
Casual Listener

Fingers crossed! I just bought my Samsung ue40es5500 partly because I was told Spotify works on it. I just set it all up and was disappointed not to see the app, but this thread has at least kept me updated.

Dpj
Casual Listener

Good news.  Spotify now up and running on my 5 series. 

timlevell
Casual Listener

Likewise - discovered it with happiness on my ue40es5500 and had it playing out great music all evenin. Had to update my firmware to xx30 first, and the app crashed initially as well,so I had to delete it and reinstall in. But now it seems to be working fine.  Will be interested to see any bug reports.

Popfan
Music Fan

Good news: The app is coming to the 5 & 6 series after the next fw update! They are working on it right now, Samsung support says. Nice!!

kozzmann
Regular

That is great news. I hope it is true.

Thanks for the info. 

cescurules

hi, i have eu46es8000 series, and a spotify premium account, and I have problems with the app. It needs an upgrade of firmware, but my tv has the latest. can you help me? thanks you!!!

Bitterman
Casual Listener

My TV was just upgraded to the latest version available for the E6000 series. Initially I upgraded from 1028 > 1029, and two days ago from 1029 > 1030. No sign of Spotify yet?

Alahti
Regular

With 1030.0 update no Spotify app. So still waiting, hopefully not long.

Popfan
Music Fan

I stream movies with Netflix (app) on my 6 series, works perfectly. And use Spotify on a daily bases on my pc, also works perfectly. But Netflix doesn't work so well on the pc. So YES there is something fishy going on!! Oki, Netflix runs on the Silverlight platform, which requires a powerful cpu, and so on..but still! I mean, if movies work...why not music???

kozzmann
Regular

I feel cheated by Samsung. I paid a lot of money for my ue40es6900.

Now I realize that it is inferior quality, or at least they want to make me think that.

If there are apps that can stream movies to the television I cannot understand that there is no working app for streaming music.

There is indeed something fishy going on.

kozzmann
Regular

Finally the app is here.

Seems it only works with a premium account and not with an unlimited account.

I find this quite stupid as a tv is something that is in your home. 

Paying extra for smartphone use is okay but for a television? No! I already use spotify with my htpc.

I hate it that for every small thing that gets invented they want us to pay more.

Paying double only for one app... never gonna happen.

Still love spotfify though... but on my htpc.

timlevell
Casual Listener

I don't think you are paying double for one app though are you?  I'm a premium customer and I now have it on my phone, iPad and TV - all for one subscription.  Considering how much I used to pay every month to buy albums, I have to say that Spotify Premium seems to me like one of the best bargains of my whole life!

kozzmann
Regular

I only listen to spotify at home through my htpc, so it is already on my tv.

I don't use it on a smartphone or ipad. And I have no intention of doing that.

So for me it is not interesting to buy the premium account only for the Samsung Smart TV app.

Still a bit disappointed that they only allow the premium to use that app. I don't really see the difference using the app or my htpc. It's a commercial decision, I get that.

If I would use all the other premium features I agree that it is worth it but not for only using it on one device...

Bitterman
Casual Listener

Finally installed and happy as a clam.

shadowhorst
Casual Listener

Same here. Why paying double? I use Spotify on 3 computers, 1 tablet, 1 smartphone and now my tv with just one subscription. You can't listen to music at the same time on different devices, because this would allow to share a user account with other people.

Popfan
Music Fan

The plan is to get the 8 series, and use the 6 series in the bedroom.becouse the 5-6 series cant do sh*t as we all can see! Q: Why do they sell them at all?? A: To make you understand that you have to get yourself a better and more expensive model! THERE IS SOMETHING FISHY GOIN' ON!! And Spotify proves the point! But if the upcoming update system, Smart Evo. Kit, works on the 5-6 series were all home free, but I don't think it will!. Spotify, you could lose some dear subscribers while doing this stunt!

Popfan
Music Fan

Hopefully the app will run on the 6 series after the next fw update. I did the update and did it run? Nope!

kozzmann
Regular

I can't understand that it has to take so long. Are The 5000 and 6000 models so bad?

erikf85
Casual Listener

It´s very quiet and still no Spotify APP on my Samsung UE40ES6535....? Come on!!

Popfan
Music Fan

Question: Does the Smart TV based version "x-fade" the tracks like the PC & mobile based version does?

SUGGESTED POSTS