Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Sonos] Logging in

Solved!

[Sonos] Logging in

Premium subscribers that joined before our partnership with Facebook can log into Sonos with their unique username and password. 

However, users that login with their Facebook details will need to retrieve a username and create a device password.

With this username (a series of digits) and password, Facebook users can login to their partner devices (Sonos, Squeezebox, Onkyo, WD, Boxee Box or TiVo system). 

473 Replies

Hi

i submitted a form to richard and didn't get a response... please can you help as i feel like i've wasted my money by buying a sonos and subscribing to spotify. that's a waste of around £500!

Hi There

I appear to be having a similar problem.  I have enjoyed my premium account for few months now and have tried all over Christmas to upload account onto new iphone5 and onto sonos, I have requested an email confirmation of new device password since the 24th December and have not received mail back.

Please advise on issue/solution ASAP.

Thank you in advance

adamlovesmusic - I can't see any record of you upgrading your 'adamlovesmusic' account. Did you receive an email receipt after that upgrade went through?

Anyway, once you're on Premium, you don't need a special Sonos log in. Just use your normal Spotify username (adamlovesmusic) and your password. 

thecuberider - Did you happen to receive an automated message suggesting you visit the Community? If so just reply again. We'll get your message and help from there. 

Since my message on Saturday, I can announce that yesterday I managed to gain help from Support to get a Spotify password and thus am able to utilise Sonos and IT WORKS! I am very pleased but the experience leaves me disappointed.

Interestingly, I suggested that they update FAQ and more importantly amend the "Get Spotify" routine or certainlt state a clear message - but not received well.

If I was into tweeting then I'm sure that a bit of badgering would soon change philosophy.

I reiterate that FAQ and community forums are not the place for bad/illogical and weak programming. The UI is all important!

Good luck to you all

Hey there,
Still haven't got any help...
Please, hurry up!
Need support!
/adholm

Hi,

Now, nobody from the support will help me anymore! Has Spotify got the worst support in the world???

/adholm

Hi

i didn't upgrade, i bought my wife an upgrade... i have now had a private message and will reply

Hello,

Has Spotift cancelled all support?? Why aren't you answering anymore?

Best regards,
adholm

adholm - when did you last hear from us? It looks like we've been in email contact with you as recently as this morning. Your case is a little different from the others here, which is why it's taking longer to get resolved.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Please confirm my spotify account "adholm" !
Regards, adholm

Have a spotify account. Login is no problem. When I use my log in details under Sonos, Music Library, Music Services, Log on to Spotify, Start I get a failure note and cannot log on. All log in details are correct. What do I do?

This has been going on for weeks. Please help.

Hi, have got the same problem had system running for two years changed nothing now spotify has packed in, have u found a solution yet ?

I have had the same problem. I get logged into Sonos but when I attempt to play material from spotify on sonos I get an error message that says that the Sotify account login information is not valid. I have synced the password in both Spotify and Sonos so that it is the same. Attempts to contact you directly results in my receiving a ticket number but no follow-up. This began after Christmas. One of my ticket numbers is 00457350, dated 12/28/2012. 

Case #: 00457350

Got also no email for Passwordto get connected to a sonos device!

@Gishibe wrote:

Got also no email for Passwordto get connected to a sonos device!

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you further with this.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi 

I have Facebook login information but I need Spotify credentials to login in to my Sonos system. I have followed the link to get these as per your link below but when it says click here it takes you to an error page? Please help!!

Thanks 

The new help pages went live yesterday and there are a few issues to iron out, I have brought this one to the attention of the Spotify team. In the meantime, use the instructions below (which I have stolen from Tivo) to set your device username and device password:

1. Click here to visit the Spotify sign in page.
  2. On the sign in page, click Log in with Facebook. This’ll launch a new window.
  3. In the new window, enter your Facebook email address and password, and click Log In.
  4. Make a note of the device username – usually a string of numbers. You’ll need this later to sign in to Spotify on TiVo.
  5. Click Send e-mail to set password.
  6. Check the email account you use to sign in to Facebook.
  7. You’ll have an email from Spotify – open it and click the Set your device password link.
  8. On the Set a password for your devices page, enter a memorable password and click Set device password.

Peter

Peter

Hi there all Sonos fans,

I could not log into Spotify via Sonos. After many contacts with Sonos and Spotify the only solution was to cancel my account and start a new premium account. Now it works!

Anders

Hi. I have tried getting a password sent by e-mail four times to be able to use via sonos but nothing received yet! Pls help. Torben 

@TorbenT wrote:

Hi. I have tried getting a password sent by e-mail four times to be able to use via sonos but nothing received yet! Pls help. Torben 

You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you further with this. Most likely cause is your accidentally have two accounts in the system registered with the same email address, it seems to cause this issue. The Spotify team will be able to sort it for you.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts