Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Sonos] Logging in

Solved!

[Sonos] Logging in

Premium subscribers that joined before our partnership with Facebook can log into Sonos with their unique username and password. 

However, users that login with their Facebook details will need to retrieve a username and create a device password.

With this username (a series of digits) and password, Facebook users can login to their partner devices (Sonos, Squeezebox, Onkyo, WD, Boxee Box or TiVo system). 

473 Replies

It can take up to 48 hours, but most of the time it's pretty instant. We'd also suggest that you don't keep requesting passwords (in case you have), as this can slow down the process considerably.

Has it been over 48 hours?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi I have recently signedup to spotify premiumand I am trying to add it to my SONOS system. I have set the password and have tried to log in on my SONOS, but I keep getting kicked out. Iam having a party toorrow night and this is the reason for me signing up. I cant wait 48 hours for it to come live!!!

Hi, Everytime i click the https://www.spotify.com/us/account/set-device-password/ even though i'm in the UK it redirects me to 

https://www.spotify.com/us/account/profile/..? Which doesn't do anything. Tbh having to do this anyway is a completly massive waste of time.

I hope this can be sorted quickly

hi,

i just bought a sonos system and already have a premium account for a long time. I have set a device password as the instructions told me to. I can log with that password and device number on the spotify site. but when i try to log with the device number and password on my sonos system he won't accept me and says that i must creeat a device password etc

please help.

40 mins later i tried again and suddenly it works. patience was the key

Problems this morning logging in on Sonos.  Confirmed my account was premium and still active.  Confirmed Sonos credentials were correct.  When I go to the link "device password" in the previous message, it just takes me to my "edit profile" page.  No help there.  Help?

Sharonmcc - I'm sending an email over to you in a few minutes, keep an eye on your inbox.

Ritchie13 - You should be able to log in with your username 'ritchie13' and your Spotify password. As you signed up before the Facebook integration, you don't need a device password.

Blabla - That's great news. Let us know if you have any more trouble.

Radioflyer39 - Like Ritchie13 above, you should be able to log in with the username 'radioflyer39' and your Spotify password. Is it not accepting these details?
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I requested my sonos device password a week ago and still haven't received an email.  I have checked all email filters and spam folders.  It hasn't arrived.  What am I doing wrong???

BarryJones - I've just sent an email over to you. We should be able to get this sorted.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

We've got the same problem: set your device password, no password received more than 60 hours later. Please help!

Hi iTea- I've just sent you an email too. It should be waiting in your personal inbox now. 

Thanks for your quick response, just send a reply.

Hello,

I also have requested the device id since a couple of days, but still haven't received anything.

Best regards

Hi KarlDall- I've just sent you an email as well. 

Please take a look when you have a moment--we'll have you enjoying your Sonos in no time. 

Hello,

strange, I haven't received any eMail... I am really looking forward, as I was planning to switch from Napster to Spotify on my Sonos System... 🙂

Hi KarlDall - Have a look in your SPAM filter as well as our messages can sometimes find their way in there by mistake. 

I did, but nothing. I also sent a testmessage to myself from another account and no problem there..

Hm that's strange. Could you please double check the email address in your profile page

That's the email I've been sending the message to. If you'd like me to try another email address just post it here--I'll remove it as soon as we've tried again. 

Hello, the eMail in the profile is correct (d***@***.net), but you can try this one as well (s***@d****.de). Many thanks!

Alright I've just given that second email address a try. Hopefully that will reach you without any difficulty. 

I just received eMails, but unfortunally none from you...

Suggested posts