Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Feedback

Solved!

Spotify Feedback

Hi Spotify developers (and management),

First off, congrats for developing an awesome concept.  If you hadn't thought about it already, music lovers run out of space for music on their mobile devices, so streaming music over Spotify allows us to keep our "old" handsets longer and still listen to all the music we love.  Kudos!

But I'm worried that Spotify has recently lost its way.  Your customers really don't care that you made a deal with Coca-Cola.  Especially your PAYING customers.  Fix your desktop app issues please ("Failed to enable Spotify social", friends list continually "Loading...").  Continue to improve your iOS and Android apps.  And for god sakes, put out an iPad app ASAP!!!  (as an aside, if you want something to emulate, check out the DirecTV app for iPad -- constantly improving, adding new features like streaming, nice UI)

I will say that allowing mobile streaming & syncing at "Extreme" bandwidth is awesome, but honestly, this is 2012.  You guys need to figure out a way for the app to automatically pick the "best" speed based on real-time network conditions.  For instance, while I'm driving in my neighborhood, Extreme works great, without skipping.  But the second I get to the on-ramp to the freeway (especially around rush hour), I've got to go into the settings and manually drop down to Low Bandwidth, then restart the track, just so that any music comes out.  The Stream & Sync setting should allow the user to cap their bandwith usage in case they have limits to maintain.

You guys started on the right path, but have gotten a little confused about your direction.  Without your fan base, marketing deals mean nothing.  So please, remember to focus on your users?

Thanks again,

chicagogreg

253 Replies

@Pin_Cracker - You can report any content errors/issues such as these directly to the Spotify content team using the instructions outlined in this topic. Once you have submitted a query, the content team will investigate and then pass any needed details over to the record label to request a correction/change if needed (so it can take some time unfortunately!).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Please bring back the old discover layout, which allows users to rate the suggestions [thumb up/down].  The new layout now has a bunch of static and repetitious suggestions, and now that I cannot rate the suggestions, they just sit there [even when the page refreshes].  Also, I feel like the suggestions are not nearly as great as they used to be. In other words, I haven't "discovered" much recently    😕 

I did ask about the thumbs on discover lately, the reply from the team was that very few people used them which is why they were removed.

Peter

Hi Spotify,

I realized as some of my playlists get longer, there is no way to identify duplicate songs. Can you make a feature that tells you "you already have this song"?

Thanks.

@mellison45 - That feature was recently added into the mobile applications, hopefully it will happen on the desktop in the future!

Peter

Hello Spotify!
I think you should consider getting Freja in to Spotify ... put a link at the bottom of the message.
Has 15,000 likes on facebook she sings well and take some popular songs and singing ...
hope to see my message.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=640894242662995&set=vb.639909272761492&type=2&theater

@chicagogreg wrote:

Hi Spotify developers (and management),

First off, congrats for developing an awesome concept.  If you hadn't thought about it already, music lovers run out of space for music on their mobile devices, so streaming music over Spotify allows us to keep our "old" handsets longer and still listen to all the music we love.  Kudos!

But I'm worried that Spotify has recently lost its way.  Your customers really don't care that you made a deal with Coca-Cola.  Especially your PAYING customers.  Fix your desktop app issues please ("Failed to enable Spotify social", friends list continually "Loading...").  Continue to improve your iOS and Android apps.  And for god sakes, put out an iPad app ASAP!!!  (as an aside, if you want something to emulate, check out the DirecTV app for iPad -- constantly improving, adding new features like streaming, nice UI)

I will say that allowing mobile streaming & syncing at "Extreme" bandwidth is awesome, but honestly, this is 2012.  You guys need to figure out a way for the app to automatically pick the "best" speed based on real-time network conditions.  For instance, while I'm driving in my neighborhood, Extreme works great, without skipping.  But the second I get to the on-ramp to the freeway (especially around rush hour), I've got to go into the settings and manually drop down to Low Bandwidth, then restart the track, just so that any music comes out.  The Stream & Sync setting should allow the user to cap their bandwith usage in case they have limits to maintain.

You guys started on the right path, but have gotten a little confused about your direction.  Without your fan base, marketing deals mean nothing.  So please, remember to focus on your users?

Thanks again,

chicagogreg

@simonbendix - It is up to the artist (or their label or aggregator) to add their content to Spotify, not the other way around. I would suggest getting in touch with them and asking why they aren't on Spotify. 😉 

Peter

Just so you all know,once again,I go to play my music I spent alot of time downloading,and once again,all my music has been undownloaded,and I have to sign in all over again.This has happened to me 10 times in less than 3 months,and if I didnt have so much music downloaded,I'd never use this incompetent app ever again,and if they do not fix this situation,I'll make it my mission in life to contact any and everybody who regulates websites and apps,everybody in government and press,and shut you down as you do not provide the service that you advertise,and yes,that's illegal.

@jimicris424 - What device are you using?

Peter

Okay two things

1. Can you make folders for the playlists? It gets a little annoying with hundreds of playlists...

2. Can you make it so that when you take away songs you can also search for them insted of scrollning through your whole playlist

@KitsuneVector 

You can make playlist folders in the desktop app:

Click on   File ---> New Playlist Folder

You can search for a song within a playlist. 

In the desktop app go to a playlist and , press CTRL + F (windows) or CMD + F (mac) and a filter bar will appear at the top right

In the iOS or Android app, scroll all the way to the top of a playlsit and type the song in the filter bar

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi spotify, one thing that neeeds to be added is that inyour playlist, you can be able to move songs thanks

I would love the ability to specify track cross-fading per playlist instead of as a setting. There's only a few playlists I would like cross-fading on, but there are many that I don't want it on, so it would be cool to just be able to flag a playlist to use cross-fading instead of your whole account.

Thanks,

Vinny

≈Vinny

Your PC software is so bad, it used to be great. But you have systematically stripped it of all useful functionality. I can no longer drag and drop local files into playlists? Seriously. I'm a long time Premium Subscriber but no more. Your software stinks and you don't take customer feedback seriously.

I can't wait for Apple's new Beats Audio service to go live. I'll be dumping Spotify immediately.

Hey Spotify,

I'm sure you guys have though of this, but could you please start adding some audio books to your collection. It would make my morning and evening commute so much better if I could listen to a book while driving through traffic. I think it would be an interesting piolet program for you guys and it would be another lateral market you could domintate.

-Chad

Hi Spotify.

For several weeks you have been adding lots of duplicate albums, at least when it comes to latin music (salsa etc.).

For example:

These two with different years

The "new" one

Vannia Borges - Tengo Pega Pega (2014, (C) 2013 EGREM)

https://open.spotify.com/album/1AZiA7PNXpr6MIWfc7qN4b

This was already available with the correct year:

Vannia Borges - Tengo Pega Pega (2013, (C) 2013 EGREM)

https://open.spotify.com/album/33jZdSiE4UKQp37GqsqQA6

These have identical info:

The "new" one

Adalberto Álvarez y su Son - Respeto Pá los Mayores (2013, (C) Bis Music)

https://open.spotify.com/album/5v67GLP3jQkk4IQvhpO064

This was already available

Adalberto Álvarez y su Son - Respeto Pá los Mayores (2013, (C) Bis Music)

https://open.spotify.com/album/2JXNUyqpeFEVtwvmiZ3YiW

The list of these is quite long.

I'd like to see less duplicates because sorting through dozens of unnecessary notifications every week takes time. Thanks!

I wanted to listen to an album on my laptop, so I pressed the Play button on the laptop (win 7), but the music started playing on a phone in another room.

I try to switch it to play on this laptop instead, but it keeps playing on the phone. I reccon something is wrong here...

spotify.png

Hi Spotify Team.

I just wanted to say that I really appreciate "Your Mix of the Week" !!!

I'm very thankful for this because I nearly like every song of the mix!

I just needed to say that haha

GREETZ BENJÎ

Wow you guys just blew my mind...

I tried out my "Discover Weekly" mixtape for the first time.  It was nearly perfect.

I liked all the songs on the list .. some not as much but a good listen.  I saved over half that list..

You really..really nailed it for me.

Thanks for a cool experience!

Amazing Discover Weekly playlists

Really guys, I don't know which algorythm you're using to create these playlists, but their are __awesome__.

Was wondering about changing to Apple Music... well... maybe not so fast 🙂

Cheers.

Suggested posts