Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The radio option sucks!

The radio option sucks!

It literally just repeats the same 10 songs for hours. Kinda.... Like a real radio station.
Also let's say I have 10 Eminem songs and 200 other artist songs on the original playlist. It will play Eminem after Eminem song, its so frustrating.
I love the way google's radio option, keep playing new songs that are actually related to the original playlist.
I would have left a long time ago if it wasn't for the desktop app, where I can game on my PC and have music. Still might leave because of the crappy radio.
62 Replies

Hi!

I searched radio sucks and this was the first post popped up and for my surprise is from 2014. We are in 2017 and radio still SUCKS!

I miss so much Pandora when using Radio feature in Spotify. With a huge database and the radio option keeps playing the same artists (I'd say 5 no more than 7 different artists) over and over again. And when you skip a song from an artist that played like 3 songs before it goes to another artist played 5 songs before. This is extremely anoying. When I chose to play a radio from a song or an artist it doesn't mean I want to listening to that artist all the time (if this was the case I would just shuffle play that artist instead).

For those who are more conservative it should at least have an option for chosing the variety like any other streaming service such as Pandora, Jango, etc.

I'm now a family subscriber but everytime I want to get to know new artists or songs and I dare to play Radio I miss so bad Pandora.

You may say: Why don't you use the Daily Mix? I will say: because it has excactly the same issue, it only plays always the same artists over and over again.

Is there any effort to improve this? It's not so difficult, just hit Play in Pandora and Spotify will learn how to create a radio kind playlist.

I'm a current google play music subscriber and was thinking of switching from my family plan on google play to spotify because the radio on google play music sucks.  Well, after reading this forum, no way I'm switching to spotify.  Looks like google is better at radio than spotify.  too bad pandora doesn't have a family plan, sounds like that is still the best in terms of playing consistent, different music in your radio station.  

I agree with this. Radio should have three options, NEW, SAVED, or BOTH. Right now it only plays songs I already know. When I hear a good song I want to be able to click "Go to song radio" and have the option to show me new music related to the song. Please add this feature Spotify!

Suggested posts