Free/Premium

Country

US

Device

Pixel 6

Operating System

Android 14

My Question or Issue

I have been having this issue since mid October. If you play a video podcast and use the sleep timer (doesn't matter which option on the sleep timer. I've tested them all), the video podcasts will not play anymore. Audio podcasts from the same creator (example, Distractible) will still play fine but video podcasts will not play. 

This has also caused issues with Spotify when my pixel buds are connected. One tap on an earbud  is supposed to pause the music, but it will pause briefly and then keep playing. Double tapping the ear bud is supposed to skip to the next song, but after this happens the song will skip 15 seconds (similar to the 15 seconds skip feature for podcasts) 

The only workaround I have found for this issue is to uninstall and reinstall the app. I have been able to reproduce this bug multiple times. 

3 Replies

Hey there @Anjanelle,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community! 

We're unable to replicate this from our end, so we'd like to look into it a bit further.

Could you check if the same thing happens with a few more podcasts by different creators? Does it also happen with multiple episode from the same podcasts?

It would also be helpful if you could let us know what Spotify version you're running.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

MariaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It's version 8.8.92.700

I haven't been able to do it with other podcasts, but it does happen with multiple episodes of the same podcast. I also tried logging out and in again, but the app crashed when I tried to log in again so I had to uninstall. 

Hi @Anjanelle,

Thanks for the reply. Could you please provide us the following:

• Is this on all devices or the Android phone you mentioned?
  • If possible, log in with a different account on the affected phone and check if the issue persists. You can use the account of someone you know or make a new one. If the files are too large to attach here in the Community, you can send them to us via Google Drive or as unlisted YouTube videos.
  • A video of the behaviour. If the files are too large to attach here in the Community, you can send them to us via Google Drive or as unlisted YouTube videos.

With this information, we’d be happy to investigate.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts