Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WP 7.5] Windows Phone spotify problems

Solved!

[WP 7.5] Windows Phone spotify problems

Love spotify, had it on iPhone and on android before but this WP7 app is a bit iffy:

-  Nearly always offline

-  Cannot ff/rw in songs (no scroll)

-  randomly decides to show nothing as synced offline

-  NEVER syncs (wifi or 3g) (i force it through playing ALL THE SONGS when connected so it stores the songs, but it won't sync a playlist i just add as offline)

hope this will be fixed in an update ^^

Especially the ff/rw coz i love dubstep and those songs are long 😛

81 Replies

Wow. Nokia Lumia Music. Artist I choosed "UK Maniax". I really think these days that Spotify Application for Windows Phone is slow and unusable. Maybe it's time to switch to something that works like Nokia Music.

First songs in Custom Radio with artist "UK Maniax":

Manian - Welcome To The Club

Rob Mayth - Feel My Love (Club Radio Edit)

Jens O. - One More (Radio Edit)

De-Grees - I Believe

Michael Parsberg - Mad World (feat. Safri Duo & Isam B) (Radio Edit)

ItaloBrothers - Put Your Hands Up In The Air

Gabry Ponte feat. Miani - You (Livin' In My Heart)

Brisby & Jingles - L'Amour Toujours (Miami Rockers Radio)

DJ Mikes - Wahnsinn

DJ E-MaxX - Make U Move

Oh, just see how tracks are tagged in Nokia Music! Awesome service for free. No more Spotify's (Radio Edit) - Radio Edit or crap Song Name - Radio Edit tags. Why Spotify can't improve their tags? Or tagging system? Spotify Application is good for just listening albums, no more. Those bugs and unsupported app (the main question: when you see last time a Spotify employee commenting Spotify for Windows Phone questions or bug reports)? Let me know. No one care or know anything about this app.

Sound quality is good for free... why pay to Spotify anymore. Good music... Nokia why this for Free? Thank you.

This is all about how market works. User can change to better service. Sad to say, but this better service is total free... My Spotify Premium is to 07/07/2012. I will use this to the end with my PC. But I can not use this anymore in Mobile. It's bad, non-working and makes me feel tired. Maybe I use in future this and free Deezer radio combination. But maybe Unlimited Spotify. I really like to listen music like radio, with surprises. I do not want to spend my time creating playlists. Nokia Music is really awesome free radio for Nokia Lumia 800.

Music collection is good. I recommend.

Spotify, glad to see you can't respond to us. We all are very unhappy with Spotify for Windows Phone. And you as company do not want to spend 30 minutes in day to responding to us. Problems, bugs etc. I do not understand this anymore. We are your customers. You should provide a product that works. Please, understand us. I'm not renewing your Premium Subscription. We pay to you as much as iPhone and Android customers pay to you.

Oh, goodbye Spotify for Windows Phone. Uninstalled this piece of **bleep**.

Nokia Lumia 800 with Nokia Music now. Time to party? One hour music for now, no bugs, sound is ok, tags are awesome, good music collection, many tracks that I listen today first time...

Goodbye Spotify for Windows Phone - forever. Spotify, you had a chance, why not used it?

Thank you for the fish. I suggest this to all Windows Phone users... just use something else.

Please also rate the app in the marketplace with one star and comment with the bugs. Maybe this is helping to bring this to there attention.

I just downgraded my account to ultimate. I have a Lumia 800 (love the phone) and the app is getting on my nerves... so I'm also just gonna limit myself to my mp3 music library.

Will rate the app 1 star and tell about the bug... if they fix the problem I will upgrade again. 

Btw Nokia should send a WP-developer to London and help Spotify with this... Nokia doesn't seem to understand that the success of a phone is about being able to use popular apps such as Spotify. It can be a dealbraker for many people and it will make Nokia loose a lot of money in the long run.

I also sent an e-mail to a swedish wellknown webmagazine that covers the whole IT-thingy... hopefully they will pick up the thread to...

I just doesn't hope Spotify ban me (lol)

Has Spotify replied in any way to bugs? Is it known they're working on it? I just upgraded my account 2 days, and discovered the app doesn't work half of the time. That's just terrible.

If this isn't fixed I'll cancel my Premium account.

Cancelled my subscription. Will keep following the situation and reconsider if they update the app and fix the bugs.

So... is there ANY news regarding the Spotify WP7 problems? Anything?

If not, I'll have to cancel my subscription as well, as it is of little use.

There is no updates at all anytime soon, as I know. I switched in Mobile to Nokia Music.

But Premium still worth my money, great 320 kbps sound to my home theatre Philips MC-70 and Acer Aspire M3201.

Unbelievable. This thread was started almost 3 months ago and what has Spotify done so far? Jack ****. I would understand the lack of effort if the app would be free and available to everybody, but every single one of the WP app users are paying customers so I really can't see any reasonable explanation why they would just ignore and not provide any updates(or atleast information about their schedule for the update). Even though I enjoy the PC app, it's probably the time cancel my subscription since this is not a correct way to treat your customers.

I too have the sync problems. Before re-installing the app would work. Time equals money. I lost too much time trying to sync my tracks offline. I'm paying for a premium service to take advantage of a featured promised to be supported on my phone (lumia 800). 

There's so much wrong with this app it's hard to know where to start.

Never mind that it's missing features like proper Bluetooth integration and ability to navigate any playlist longer than a dozen tracks without scrolling for ever.

But it's the least reliable app on my phone by far - it'll regularly hang when you try and do anything radical like actually play a track. Sometimes it forgets that it has offline copies of tracks. Sometimes it will refuse to start playing. Sometimes it just outright crashes. 

I'd expect better from a third-party free app written by a kid in his bedroom. But from an official app that I'm paying 10 quid a month for the privilege of using? Unbelievable. 

Cancelling my account.

Hey, add your kudos to this All Windows Phone bugs in one thread thread, if you want that Spotify fix those problems.

Let's hope that my thread will sit at home page on the community forever. Maybe then Spotify notice those problems.

*edit: thanks for combining the bug reports from users. I'll just add my experiences.

I also have many problems with the Windows Phone App. I intermittenly have syncing problems with my download list.

Also, playing over bluetooth my Volkswagen works terribly. If I connect to over Bluetooth, launch the app, and play music, it will work almost everytime. If I connect while in the app, or disconnect while in the app. The application malfunctions by thinking it's playing and refusing to pause, or it refuses to play music when I click on a song. Note: playing music with Zune works perfect. Zune also shows all artist information, song length/position. Spotify does not report this to the VW

I'm cancelling my premium membership. I'm also interested in XBox music, but I chose Spotify since it's platform agnostic and I can share with friends on iPhones.

Best thing I have ever done is cancelling my Crapify subscription and went with a Zune Music Pass instead about a month ago.

I'm so god **bleep** happy to leave this crap that is Spotify.

yeah i think im going to go over to wimp and cancel my subscription after 3 years of spotify. sad, but just too many bugs in all mobile apps

Hey, another set of feedbacks:

"1 star - Easily the worst Spotify app I have ever used. Full of bugs, slow and very hard to use. Please update this faaaast!!"

"1 star - Unusable! Worst mobile app i've tried in years. Too much bugs, almost nothing works..."

"1 star - Does not work anymore, I'm not able to play searched songs. Unreliable."

"1 star - **bleep**."

"1 star - Simple things done wrong. Ipad version is a killer, usability of this (WP) client sucks big time."

"1 star - Bugs, crashes"

"2 stars - Crashes all the time but when it happens to work it'a great app. Still not worth 10$ a month because of the bugs"

"1 star - Crashes all the time, cant fast forward in songs, its really sad since it worked superb with my iphone and makes me want that phone back instead!"

"1 star - This is the best looking Spotify to any mobile platform, but most bugy and **bleep**ty too... 😞 10€ per month is too much about this beta test. Last update is 7.11.2011 so Spotify - respect your customers and fix this problems!"

"1 star - Paying 10€ month of this **bleep**. I need to reboot my phone forever and ever with this crap. Someone is really released this **bleep** of **bleep** to public???"

Spotify, please take a look at this soon. Thank you.

@Poffnut wrote:

2) Bluetooth implementation is terribly broken. If you disconnect the bluetooth while spotify is streaming (such as shutting off your car), spotify cannot reconnect. I have to restart the phone or sometimes it fixes itself after several hours (maybe the app is recycled on the phone?)

SAME ISSUE HERE!

When will this be fixed? I have no need for Spotify Premium with boken bluetooth...

I agree, this bug is unfixed for laughable time.

Really having a rough issue too but with Windows Phone 7.8 and Spotify App. Plays one song and then shuts down. I am in trail period for Premium. Not sure if I'll continue if this doesn't get fixed. Anyone have tips/tricks/insights?

I have a windows phone and I paid the money for the Premium upgrade.  I cannot add songs to a queue list, I don't even have an option anywhere to queue songs or add tracks to a queue list.  I can select a playlist, but it plays only one to two songs (at the most) and then completely stops.  And when the playlist is queued, it still says "no tracks queued in the play queue menu. 

I have seen the options bars that are on the iphone and droid, it appears there isn't one for windows phone users?  I have reinstalled the application 5 times, still doesn't work.  Will this be fixed or should I cancel my upgrade.  It works fine on my PC...  Thank you!

Suggested posts