Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player no longer working with Chrome after latest Chrome release

Web Player no longer working with Chrome after latest Chrome release

All,  

My first post, so apologies if this was asked or discussed already (I did a search and could not find anything)...

I am using Chrome, Version 45.0.2454.101 m (64-bit), and I used to be able to listen to spotify via the play.spotify.com URL, but now, when I get to the site, I get a partial UI, but it never fully loads and I can never get access to my music.  When the site loads, it pops up a message telling me I need to download Flash, but because of Google's hatred of Flash, they have locked it down, and even if I do download it and execute it, the site will still not load properly.  If I remove Chrome entirely from my machine and download a legacy version of the browser from 4-5 months ago, the spotify web player works..

Anyone know if this issue is currently being looked at?  I do not mind listening on my phone, but also do not want to eat up my data...

Thanks

6 Replies

Hello @parisi2274,

I don't have any issues with the latest version of Chrome. Web player is working just normally.

You can try updating your Chrome to latest version ( 46.0.2490.71 ).

Just navigate to chrome://chrome/ and install the update.

If the issue persists, let me know.

exact same problem here

Have you tried clearing your cache/cookies and all of those basic things? Easier than reinstalling and might help.

You can do this by going to the Preferences menu at the top right of chrome > History and Recent tabs > History > hit "Clear browsing data" and select cookies and cached items from the beginning of time.

Let us know how it works out!
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

tried it
does not work
thanks though

I have that problem too. 

I have the same issue as well. I think it has to do with the spotify web player not being compatible with 64-bit flash version that chrome 64-bit uses.

Suggested posts