Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

hardware - Harman/kardon - omni 20

Solved!

hardware - Harman/kardon - omni 20

Hi there,
I juste bought the omni 20 wifi speakers from Harman Kardon because i read good reviews about them which Saïd they would work with spotify connect through wifi. However, i cannot seem to make them work, as i don't see them on my 'spotify connect' screen.

Can you confirm that they are indeed compatible?

Thx
73 Replies

Any news on the Spotify Connect support situation? Can't wait for this 🙂

Marked as solution

I got this answer from HK today:
Please note that the HK Home Wireless series has never been marketed as being, or becoming, compatible with Spotify Connect. What may have happened is that some stores, and possibly some Harman customer support output has indicated that this would be possible. It is being worked upon, but there are issues that may not be possible to solve. While it is of course always possible to stream Spotify via Bluetooth, this is not the same as Connect. If you want to be certain, it is probably best to return the product.
Not happy!!

Yikes, that is poor. Every time I've asked them it's always been "when" and when not "if". I think they will still offer Spotify compatability as their sales depend upon it, but sounds like they are having issues and are stalling for time. Man their programming team seriously suck.

I hope this update goes for real :

HK.png

HK told me that Spotify is working on it, I will try Deezer instead!

Hey All, been really helpfull to read the previues post!!

Really sucks that Spotify doesn't work - Just got mine and in the mist of setting them up, have two questions

1) Using Deezer at the moment (freemium) and it change songs every 30 sec, is this due to my freemuim and do I need to bye a premium?

2) How does Spotify bluetooth work? can't seem to do the setup right, any manuels(step by step) out there? (Didn't find the info on HK homepage sufficient)

Thanks in advance (first time user of wireless speakers) 

Hey jayks,

To answer your questions.

1.) you need a premium deezer account for it to be comparable with the HK software

2.) to use spotify and bluetooth its quite straightforward. just stream spotify through your device and sync it to the speaker using the Bluetooth button at the top. The manual of the Omni speaker should tell you how to connect using Bluetooth.

Hope this helps
Colpro77

It definitely did! thanks for the swift reply Colpro77

Spotify no longer integrates into 3rd party apps and after many months of working closely with Spotify to get their “Connect” code running on Omni, we could not find a solution which was acceptable, so unfortunately Spotify Connect is not supported on current Omni products. However we still support Spotify Multi-Room using Bluetooth rebroadcast. Also we will ensure future product additions to the Omni line up will be able to run Spotify Connect and also TuneIn is on that roadmap.

Is this an "official" statement meaning that the present Omni range will never get Spotify support??

Yes it is.... sad but true

I'm starting to feel like I backed the wrong horse here... Does anybody know when the last or next update for the system was out/will be released... There is a worrying lack of support for the Omni system from HK right now...

They said november there will be a whole new app with Internet radio and dlna... maybe someone can call customer service to ask about it.. the answers i've got arrangement from the netherlands

What worries me is that without Spotify there will be no sales... And no sales means no support... Do we know whether there is any plans to integrate Apple music?? I think Sonos planned to have this tie up released on their system September/October...

I don"t think harman kardon will support apple music.. the sound of the speakers is awesome but the support is very disapointed... maybe you can call harman kardon support in your country the ask about this because I think they give different answers to us

This is an absolute deal breaker. If the omni speakers are essentially bluetooth, then quality of sound and expense of speakers make it unwise to invest in the current series. 

Are there any plans for the next generation of the omni series to support Spotify via Wifi?

Sorry, when will the new omni line up that supports spotify be available?

Hi guys

I have been having a long discussions with HK support, Spotify will not be integrated in the HK app, the suggestion is BT. For me that isn't an option.

I have claimed money back (2 Omni 10 speakers bought 14-12-30) and as it looks now I will get my money back even that it has gone almost a year since purchase, i don't really want to send them back cause I like the design and sound, but Sonos have ok design, good sound AND a working app WITH Spotify, so think I will go down that road.

I have also asked about my Deezer premium that I have been "forced" to pay for since I bought the speakers, but don't know what will happen there.

So just to let you know, there might be a chance to get money back and go for another setup if you wish.

Take care!

Bad thing that Spotify will not support the in app Harman Kardon Omni series. Big market, and only because of a change in the terms of conditions by Spotify it self.. I have mixed feelings about the Spotify streaming services now. Customer satisfaction is more important than a few extra dollars. I always thouth Spotify was indipendent. I hope you as Spotify will support all compagnies with great speakers and not just a few.   

I just bought a pair Omni 10 because i thought: Spotify compadability is probably something which will be added in the near future...

But are you guys essentially saying that that will never happen??

Suggested posts