Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Rethink latest Enhanced Playlist change

[iOS] Rethink latest Enhanced Playlist change

I don't particularly like the latest update to Enhanced Playlists, in that it requires the playlist to be shuffled.  I liked listening to it unshuffled so that I could easily find the new songs and add them to my playlist, at whatever random spot they were slotted into the queue.  As it is, all new songs go to the bottom of the list, and if I wanted that, I would have the list sorted by when songs were added.  Additionally, having it shuffled gives no guarantee of when I'd hear new songs.  I like having the new song every 3 songs to break up what I already know with a new beat, but shuffled, I could go five songs without a new one, or three new ones in a row, making me jaded towards any new song.

I can understand why shuffled only could be a good idea -- really giving the listener an idea of never knowing what will be next, or covering up the fact that there's a limit on how many new songs Spotify can include at once -- but I think that should be a choice left up to the user.  And it kinda annoys me that restrictions like this are being implemented instead of bringing Enhanced Playlists to PC, but as I don't really know anything about programming, and I know others have asked for that already, this isn't the place for that.

1 Reply

Hey @FSFam,

Thanks for posting in the community and welcome. 

We hope you don't mind us moving your post out of the ideas section to one of our Help boards as it fits better here.

In this case, we'd like to gather as much info as possible. Can you send us a video recording of what you are seeing on your side? This way we can better visualize the behavior you're describing. You can attach the videos in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload them to YouTube or Google drive and make them public, so we can visualize them.

On another note, is this inconvenience present on another mobile device? It’d be awesome if you could check. You can ask for the mobile device of a relative or a friend to open your account and check.

We'll keep an eye on your response!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts