Playlist FAQ - Your Questions Answered

24 people liked this

Playlist FAQ - Your Questions Answered

Community Manager
Community Manager

We've noticed quite a few of you have questions about Spotify Playlists scattered around the Community. 

So we've read through your posts and created a Playlist FAQ for you all. Hopefully this will help you find, create, edit and share playlists easier and faster. 

Once you've created your masterpiece, be sure to share it with us here in the Playlist Exchange

How do I make my playlist public on my Spotify profile?

You can make your playlists 'Secret' or 'Public' in just a few clicks. 

Desktop:

1. Right click the playlist.
  2. Select 'Make Public'.

playlists.png

From your phone:

1. Find the playlist

2. Click the three-dot menu button on the right

Screenshot_2015-11-02-13-55-49.png

3. Select 'Make Public'

You can always change the status of the playlist back to 'Secret' at any time.

How do I search for public playlists on Spotify?

If you're looking for another playlist curated by another user, this is also quite easy.

1. Select Search from the main menu in any device.

2. Type in the mood or genre you're looking for e.g. 'Running', 'Indie Rock', 'Roadtrip'.

3. Search results are sorted by "TOP RESULTS", "SONGS", "ARTISTS", "ALBUMS", "PLAYLISTS", PROFILES'.

4. Scroll to "PLAYLISTS". 

Screen Shot 2015-11-02 at 2.02.46 PM.png

5. Click "PLAYLISTS' to see more options.

1.png

Do other people see if I play their playlists?

The creator of a playlist is not notified if you play their playlist. They will only be notified if you Follow the playlist. 

Your Followers can also see the playlist you're l listening in the Friend Feed. To keep this private go to your Desktop App > Preferences > Turn off 'Publish my activity on Spotify'.

How do I edit my playlist cover photo?

You can personalize your playlists on the Spotify Desktop app. Click here for a step-by-step guide

How do I view my playlist/ listening history on Spotify?

This isn't a current feature on Spotify. However there is an idea in the Idea Exchange which can vote for here: "Usable History". We'll post in that thread if there are any updates.  

How do I get more Spotify followers?

The best way to get Spotify followers is to curate great playlists. The top place to share those playlists with our users is in the Spotify Community Playlist Exchange. For some tips on creating successful playlists click here

112 Replies

Re: Playlist FAQ - Your Questions Answered

kathymizuno
Casual Listener

trying to open a shared playlist link to spotify from a website.   

https://open.spotify.com/user/radioguychris/playlist/7m0D5SPpXTu0CoksBD10XP?ref=wp

doesn't do anything but open the spotify startup page.  

I've found his playlist on his account,

but am wondering what he was thinking...seems like his approach should work.  

Maybe I'm doing something wrong.  

aticimuraad
There is not an option to make make my playlist secret on android.How can I hide them on my profile?
2 people liked this

Keeks
Casual Listener

If there is not a way already. There should be a way to find other people's playlists based on songs that I already  have in mine.

For example: I have a rap station and if I go into that station be able to click an option of playlists similar. But it would show other users playlists in order from most amount of same songs to least amount. 

mangadreamery
Roadie

I still don't see how to embed a playlist on here.

edit: solved.

Spotify

last.fm

Rateyourmusic.com

SoundCloud

My Favorite Tracks of 2015

If I helped, mark my answer as solution to help other users solve similar issues, please don't forget to send kudos if you like any answers.

What is a Rock Star and how you can become one? Click here to find out!

Buenos días. Necesito saber como descargar todos las canciones que tengo sin conexión en el dispositivo móvil a mi ordenador sin tener que volver a buscar y descargar todas.

Gracias

3 people liked this

DeeJayDick
Casual Listener

Hi Meredith - I am new to the community! Can't believe I've been a premium user for 4 years and I am just learning about this cool place to interact with other music lovers! 

So my initial question is: why can't I see who my playlist followers are? I onlse can see I have '10 followers" on a playlist but not sure to see who they are? 

Thanks!

DJD

Flamurbujupi
Casual Listener

Johnnykills

Need help!!!

In 2010 I bought a song, my question is, if now I want to download it what can I do??
Spotify doesn't return my money.

5 people liked this

StirlingWalsh
Regular

Is there a way to see who follows your playlist?

SUGGESTED POSTS