Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why am I paying for this

Why am I paying for this

I am paying $13 a month, apparently for nothing. I still get commercials on podcast. What the fork?

3 Replies

Impressionante a falta se compromisso com os clientes premium, paga pra ouvir propaganda, nรฃo รฉ comรฉdia hahaha e verdade! Spotfy perdendo a moral 

I hear you see_sharper

It sucks having to put up with ads, even in the middle of a podcast.

First, Spotify never said that podcasts didnโ€™t have ads for Premium users.. They said that music didnโ€™t. You might think thatโ€™s deceptive, and I can see why youโ€™d feel that way.

There are some services that have podcasts ad-free. Go research them. They have maybe a fraction of a percent of the podcasts Spotify has, though, so keep that in mind.

Also, Apple, Prime, etc. all either have ads or there is an increased subscription fee for podcasts to be removed, so Iโ€™m sure thatโ€™ll be an issue for you as well.

I donโ€™t get why itโ€™s so hard to understand and accept that people who create podcasts donโ€™t do it out of the kindness of their hearts; itโ€™s a business. And Spotify or any other streaming service isnโ€™t on the hook to subsidize the cost for these podcasts to be available. It would be a catastrophically poor business decision.

So, enjoy the quality, variety and breadth of podcasts available on major streaming platforms by paying extra or painfully suffering through ads (which you can skip by pressing a button a few times), or leave. 

I know that the prevailing sentiment is that people are getting ripped off and itโ€™s disingenuous and greedy, but Iโ€™m sorry to break it to you but not everything is free. 

Suggested posts