Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I lost my subscription to the family plan due to a payment problem, do you

I lost my subscription to the family plan due to a payment problem, do you

I lost my subscription to the family plan due to a payment problem, do you know how I can renew the same plan with the same people?
4 Replies

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out.

In this case, you'll need to invite those people again. There's, unfortunately, no way to restore the plan to the way it was before it got canceled.

https://support.spotify.com/article/invite-remove-family-member/

Hope this clears things up 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

When we did as suggested above, we received the message that you can only join a family plan every 12 month, how do we solve this issue?

Hey @benniedanielsson ,

If it was flagged for 12 months, then you won't be able to add the account to the plan until the restriction expires.

Hope this clears things up 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Sorry Maxim bit this is pretty poor customer service on Spotify's part.

I have this issue also, changed my credit card due to a fraud and forgot to change my payment method on this subscription. I update my payment method as requested by email and it automatically signed me up to a single account with no option for other account types. I then upgraded my account to Premium Family to find that my family members are not attached. Now I have to go through asking them to re-add, or doing it for the kids. There was no warning that this would happen and it is now quite inconvenient to fix.

Suggested posts