Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Migrate existing subs to new family plan?

Solved!

Migrate existing subs to new family plan?

I am currently paying for my son's premium subscription, but would like to explore a family plan - can I migrate his subs to the new family plan?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

Yes, you can start a Premium Family plan here, and then invite your son to the plan by following these steps

No worries, Spotify users keep their same account with all of their playlists, saved music, and settings no matter which plan they switch to or from; so your son won’t lose any content on his account by joining the new Premium Family plan.

The billing also switches automatically for Spotify users who already have Premium and are joining a Premium Family plan, so your son won’t need to cancel anything. After joining your Premium Family plan, your son’s account won't be charged any further, and all payments will be made by the Premium Family plan manager.

Bear in mind that members can only switch between different Premium Family or Premium Duo plans once in 12 months.

You can also feel free to read more about how Premium Family works in this FAQ article as well as in this support article.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

Yes, you can start a Premium Family plan here, and then invite your son to the plan by following these steps

No worries, Spotify users keep their same account with all of their playlists, saved music, and settings no matter which plan they switch to or from; so your son won’t lose any content on his account by joining the new Premium Family plan.

The billing also switches automatically for Spotify users who already have Premium and are joining a Premium Family plan, so your son won’t need to cancel anything. After joining your Premium Family plan, your son’s account won't be charged any further, and all payments will be made by the Premium Family plan manager.

Bear in mind that members can only switch between different Premium Family or Premium Duo plans once in 12 months.

You can also feel free to read more about how Premium Family works in this FAQ article as well as in this support article.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks! You are a scholar and gentleman!

Suggested posts