Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Payment using gift card

Solved!

Payment using gift card

I have 2 sons.  The older one already has Spotify premium.  The younger one as asked for premium for his birthday next week.  It seems more efficient to switch to a family plan for them, but I think I'm reading that we cannot use gift cards to pay for the family plan?  Is this correct?  I can't understand why that would be true.  The son who currently uses premium had a gift card to open his account and still has a bit left on the balance.  How would that affect payment for the account if we switched?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @acl3ah-u2_zdk,

That is correct. Gift Cards are not redeemable in conjunction with other discounts or promotions, such as Premium for Family, student discount, or trial offers.

When your son would join the Premium for Family plan, his current Premium would be paused and it would resume if he ever leaves the plan. He won't lose any of the remaining Premium days.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @acl3ah-u2_zdk,

That is correct. Gift Cards are not redeemable in conjunction with other discounts or promotions, such as Premium for Family, student discount, or trial offers.

When your son would join the Premium for Family plan, his current Premium would be paused and it would resume if he ever leaves the plan. He won't lose any of the remaining Premium days.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for your reply and for confirming my understanding of the policy.  It's so disappointing that gift cards are not allowed as payment for all services.  It really defeats the purpose of the gift card.  I hope Spotify will consider changing this policy.  Apple Music and Amazon Music Unlimited all allow payment by gift cards from what I can tell.  

Suggested posts