Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

accepting premium invite. error "this page no longer exists" shows

Solved!

accepting premium invite. error "this page no longer exists" shows

Hi

I can't accept my Family Premium membership. When I open the link I get the error "This page no longer exists"
I was part of my parent's family plan but moved out. The plan was stopped about a week ago. My partner began a new plan and now I can't join.
The error doesn't give any clarification about what might be going wrong. I am logged in when opening the email.
Top Answer
nuggetman
Visitor

i can confirm that changing the address from the account of the family plans owner and then resending a link to the person in need fixed it for me although it was after a long tedious process, if that is still not working then I am out of options took me hours to fix mine.

47 Replies

I am having the same issue. I have a free account and I’m trying to get onto my family’s plan- they only have 2 people on theirs and it’s a family plan. 

Hello, I did all the above (checking link, opening in incognito, trying different platform to share the link, different browsers/device/wi-fi). Nothing worked.

Any other idea?

Is there a spotify contact we can reach to?

Hey folks,

Could you ask the plan owner to copy the invite link from their account page and share it with you? Note that it should 

contain a unique alphanumeric string after /family/join/invite/ in the URL, like @Lyubka mentioned (for example: spotify.com/family/join/invite/8re3wesdk3ws/). Could you confirm that this string is present on the plan owner's account page (and in the link they've shared with you)?

Keep us posted on this.

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am having the same problem trying to add my son to the plan. He keeps getting a 404 error when he clicks on the invite link in the email I send to him. The addresses match on the account so I’m not sure why it won’t add him. 

Hi I’m having the same issue and I’m the plan owner. Neither the links I send or the one I copy from my account have a unique alphanumeric string. The link that is sent is  https://www.spotify.com/us/family/join/invite/

Hey @sweetbeerex,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared. 

In this case, would you mind trying to send the invite from a different device? If possible you can use a computer to do it. You can ask for the computer of a relative or a friend to open your account and check. You can also use an incognito window to check if this behavior persists.

Just to confirm, have you tried using a different method to send the link? If you haven't yet, we suggest you try by using some other channels (like WhatsApp or email) you can find in your account page when trying to send the invitation. 

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I think what you are not understanding is that the link created by the invite in the app ends with /family/join/invite and does not have any specifics after it. In other words, THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOUR CODE!  My daughter just tried adding my user name after that URL and it looked like it was working when she switched to safari rather than the app.  Once she tried to hit "accept invitation" it came back with a page that says: "There was a problem.  Please try again later".  

This is incredibly frustrating for a paid service!!!

I’m having the same problem. After reading all the suggestions, none of them works. Is there any support to talk with to solve this problem?

Hey folks,

If the invite link ends with /family/join/invite and is missing the unique invite code, please re-enter/update the address in the Premium Family manager's account and try generating a new one.

Let us know if that helps.

MihailYModerator

Hello everyone. On July 29, I canceled my premium duo plan because I wanted to switch to a family plan. By entering the invite link to the plan, I can log in, but after selecting the account for the plan and choosing the address of residence, the message "An error occurred, please try again later". I've tried several times and I still can't join this plan.

ps. I enter a good residential address that matches the one set for the plan

When I enter my address and confirm it, this pops up. (screenshot in polish)

IMG_2873.png

None of the suggestions are working. Please find a fix for this as it seems to be a real problem that your company is not addressing. I am paying for another membership so that my daughter can listen to her playlists when I should not need to be doing this. 

Family plan I’ve had for years.

sending invite to new family member

link of

https://www.spotify.com/gb/family/join/invite/

Fails with ‘this page no longer exists’

Hey folks,

If you haven't already, ask the plan owner to update the home address on their Family page and then send you a new invite to see if that does the trick.

If the issue persists after updating the address, please send me a screenshot of your Family page which shows how the full invite link appears on your end via a private message for security reasons. I'll then forward it to the right folks so they can take a direct look.

Keep me posted on this.

Thanks and cheers!

@Jw999@Kastfam 

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

This isn't an idea as much as it's call for help. I could not get the chat or community posts to work. I got the following in an email from my son, our Family Plan account manager, but the link doesn't work.  I have tried it for the past few days.  Can someone assist and fix this?  

You're invited to join my Spotify Premium Family plan. You can join with your current Spotify account or create a new one.
https://www.spotify.com/us/family/join/invite/

My family pays for a Spotify premium family plan, but we can’t add members, we have tried adding members with the link that Spotify gives us but it doesn’t seem to work.

When I press the link I end up at a place where it says:

This page no longer exists.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your posts.

In order to investigate what is causing this issue, we need to gather some additional information:

• Country set on your Spotify account, the Family account manager's account and are you currently in that country.
  • Do you open the link through another app, like Messenger, Whatsapp, mail, etc.
  • Have you tried copying the link and pasting it in an incognito browser window? Did this give you the same error message?
  • Have you recently been in another Spotify Premium Family or Duo plan?
  • Is your account on Spotify free on on another Premium subscription.

Looking forward to your replies. 

Cheers.

AlexModerator

i can confirm that changing the address from the account of the family plans owner and then resending a link to the person in need fixed it for me although it was after a long tedious process, if that is still not working then I am out of options took me hours to fix mine.

Si después de invite/ no aparece nada en el link como hacemos para que funcione???

I have received several times the invitation to join the family plan, but every time I open the link I got the same #Page Not Found# error.

errorspotify.PNG

Suggested posts