Spanish student living in germany

Spanish student living in germany

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

My Question or Issue

Hi

I am studying in an university in Spain but living in Germany (I travel every month to Barcelona for classes).

The system doesn't recognize my Spanish university (shows only German ones) and it will not allow me to register in the system for spain.. only shows Germany or UK

How can I get the discount with this situation? Any thoughts?

Thanks

3 Replies

Hey @RuloiArt,

If you're trying to change your account's country setting from Germany to Spain, but you're not seeing Spain as an option, it's likely that you're not in Spain when you try to do it.

You're only able to change your country setting to another country when you're actually in that country.

https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_basics/how-can-i-change-my-country-setting/

Let me know if there's anything else.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi, unfortuntely no, this didnt solve it...

I am in Germany right now. The account is based in Germany... but I study in Spain.

When I try to apply for the discout, it only shows germany and UK as options... 

The thing would be: how can I show I am a student, studying in Spain, whilst living in Germany with a Germany spotify account?

Thanks

The short answer is: You, unfortunately, can't.

The long answer: You can only do that when you're in Spain, have your account's country setting set to Spain, and have a payment method that's been issued in Spain.

Let me know if you have any other questions 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts