Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium for Family won't work for a specific family member

Premium for Family won't work for a specific family member

Hi!

I purchased a premium for family subscription and invited my dad, aunt and sister. The invitations worked no problem for my aunt and sister but refuses to work for my dad. We've already tried sending the invite to different emails, using the Redeem function and pasting the invite code, clearing the cache and cookies, using an incognito window to accept the invite, trying it through mobile but nothing seems to work. 

I double checked his account details and confirmed that he is still on the free subscription. The error we receive doesn't come with further instructions, only a link to the FAQ which hasn't been much help so far.

Can anyone from Spotify help us on this? My dad's spotify email is *snip*. We'd appreciate any leads.

Thank you! 

1 Reply

Hey @rainsager, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear your dad's having trouble with joining the plan. We'll be glad to help out.

Has he been on any other Premium for Family plans recently? If he's been on more than 2, he won't be able to join your current plan due to restrictions with joining multiple plans within a set amount of time.

If that's the case, reach out to us with his account info here.

If that's not the case, ask him to make a new account and try inviting the new account to see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes.

Suggested posts