Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium Family Not Allowing Simultaneous Play

Solved!

Premium Family Not Allowing Simultaneous Play

We have a premium family account with 2 users (my husband and I). If one of us plays Spotify on our Sonos at home (device A), it turns off Spotify for the other person's device (iPhone). The family plan that we're paying for was supposed to allowed playback on more than 1 device at a time. So it seems like Spotify is not providing us the service feature we're paying for. Anyone else have this problem and how did you resolve it?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @gunnarhalley,

Can you please make sure that each family member is logged into their own Spotify account? 🙂

Thanks!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @gunnarhalley,

Can you please make sure that each family member is logged into their own Spotify account? 🙂

Thanks!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It turns out that was the issue.  We have separate accounts under the family plan, but it turns out that, at that time, we were using my account for both the Sonos and my iPhone which is why it switched my music off on one of the devices.  Had we used a different account under the same family plan for the different devices, I think it would've been okay -- and that's what we'll do in the future.  Thanks for the help. 

I have Spotify family but when my girlfriend listens to music when she is away from the house it drops any music I am playing when I am at home or away from home. We are logged in on different accounts so I don't understand how this is happening. She just went out and was not in wifi range (5 miles away) but from her iPhone it played her tunes on my sonos speakers in my kitchen. How is that possible? If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Simon

Suggested posts