Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

404 and Heartbreaks when clicking 'Get Student Discount' (Verified by SheerID already)

404 and Heartbreaks when clicking 'Get Student Discount' (Verified by SheerID already)

Plan

Free

Country

Hong Kong SAR

Device

Samsung Galaxy A71, and Macbook Pro (2019)

Operating System

Androids, and MacOS respectively.

My Question or Issue

Hi all!

So I'm trying to register for a student discount, and I have received an email from SheerID to 'Get Student Discount'. Clicking on the link leads to 404 & Heartbreaks. The same applies to any alternative attempt to reach the same page through the Spotify website.

Reading similar posts, I have also changed my location from Taiwan, HK, my market from Taiwan, HK en, HK zh, but none work.

I'd be very grateful for any help,

Thanks so much,

KindlyPlease

20 Replies

Solved.

Safari works but Chrome doesn't (odd but fair).

Cheers!

Nasıl yaptınız ?

Ben çözemedim

Hi there @KindlyPlease and @Alex2122,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. We just came across this thread.

@kindly - we're glad to see that everything works as it should for you again. This can depend on cache and cookies for an example.

@Alex2122 - we hope that you don't mind us replying in English. Can you try to open the link from an incognito/private window?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I have the same problem while getting started to make a student subscription. I tried opening from different browsers and incognito tabs and it still gives me the same 404s and heartbreaks window. What should I do? 

Hey @Jo_Sudany,

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know if the Country of your University matches the country of your account? 

Keep us posted!

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have a same issue, can someone help me please ? 

Hey @21erief56llcr4,

Thanks for the post.

We'll do our best to help. Can you let us know what troubleshooting you've done so far, so that we can offer more relevant advise?

Cheers.

AlexModerator

I'm verified that I'm student in Czech Republic and now trying to buy student premium, I'm filling my card details and the clicking pay, but I'm redirected into 404 page 

spotifty_issue.PNG

also I tried to get just premium( not student premium) , but got same error 404 page

Hey @21erief56llcr4,

Thanks for your reply and sharing these details.

Have you already trying subscribing to Premium via an Incognito/Private window? If you try, do you get the same error message? It'd also be great if you'd share a screenshot of the error message so we can take a closer look.

Keep us posted. Cheers!

Mario Moderator

it is same error, I also tried to buy not student premium(just normal premium for 1 person) , but got same error as above screenshot) I tried from my device android 10 ( chrome ) and windows 10 ( chrome, microfost edge). I also cleared cache , but same result

and yes, tried incognito/private window too

Hey @21erief56llcr4,

Thanks for the reply and the info.

Can you try clearing the cache on your default web browser, make sure that there are no updates available and try to subscribe from this link.

Let us know if you're still getting this error message.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

I did what you have asked and also  installed Firefox browser( there was no cache or anything else)  , but got same result .  from my screenshot in url , you can see also  checkout id if it helps. 

21erief56llcr4_0-1631606822028.png

Hey @21erief56llcr4,

Thanks for the screenshot and for keeping us in the loop!

As you mentioned that you are studying/residing in Check Republic, make sure that the Country or region settings of your Spotify account are set correctly, as they need to be matching with the location provided for your student verification.

We've made also some backstage changes during the past days. This seems related to the inability to process some payments. How does it look now, did you succeed in activating the discount?

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

ElenaModerator

hello spotify, i prouched few days ago my premium plan and discovered there is special plan for students. when i tried to press on "change plan" i got the same pink pager with the 404s...

also tried to change my region bur couldn do it

i need your help please 🙂

Hi there @sapirmaikler1,

Thank you for posting on this thread!

At the moment, the Student Discount is not available in all regions. To better assist you, please let us know your country of residence as well as the country registered on your account overview, this way we can continue from there. 

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator

thank you for the quick response,
my country of residence is Lithuania and the country that is registered in my account is Israel.

thank you.

Hey there @sapirmaikler1,

Thanks for that info.

If you're currently living and studying in Lithuania and you have a Premium subscription, you'd need to change your payment method to one issued in Lithuania to be able to change your account's country settings to Lithuania and then be able to apply for the Student discount.

If you have any questions, just let us know.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts