My Student Plan was randomly changed to the Family Plan

Solved!
Highlighted

My Student Plan was randomly changed to the Family Plan

zn_j-wjwgtc9d

Plan

Family Plan (was Student Plan until it was changed without my permission)

Country

United States 

My Question or Issue

So, I started my Student Plan for Spotify about 2 months ago and was charged $5 for the first month, then I looked back at my billing statements and for this past month I was charged $15 for the Family Plan completely randomly and without any of my own doing. I would like to be switched back to the Student Plan and refunded for the Family Plan that I did not authorize.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: My Student Plan was randomly changed to the Family Plan

Hey there @Hz11235,

Thanks for posting about this and welcome to the Community!

Since you mention that you noticed unexpected changes to your subscription, we'd recommend following the steps provided in this support site article, including reaching out to us. This way, a member of our support team can take a look behind the scenes for you and help you with a refund. 

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day :)

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
3 Replies

Hey @zn_j-wjwgtc9d.

Thanks for getting in touch!

You can switch back to a students subscription on this page. Be sure to check out this page if you think that another person has gained access to your account and upgraded your account to Premium.

If you have further questions for us, please let us know.

Have a nice day!

GuidoModerator

Hz11235

Hello, I just had the same issue. I was using a student account for about two years now with no problem. Last month I was randomly charged at a different date then usually for a family plan. This month it happened again. I changed my account back to student but I am upset that I spent $20 extra for no reason. Am I able to get my money back? 

Solution!

Hey there @Hz11235,

Thanks for posting about this and welcome to the Community!

Since you mention that you noticed unexpected changes to your subscription, we'd recommend following the steps provided in this support site article, including reaching out to us. This way, a member of our support team can take a look behind the scenes for you and help you with a refund. 

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day :)

KaterinaModerator
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
SUGGESTED POSTS