Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student discoutn only with creditcard

Student discoutn only with creditcard

Dear spotify,

Im a student from holland and i saw you guys have student discout, but you only can pay with Creditcard. but the most students i know dont have a credit card.. So is it possible to pay with Ideal? or PayPal? 

4 Replies

Hey @Jesse52,

Unfortunately, you can only subscribe to the Student Discount using the available payment methods. If the payment method you’d like to use isn’t being offered to you on the payment page, then it’s most likely not available at the moment.

Thanks for understanding 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

So how can something not be available for student discount payment, but it is for premium payment...

I've had premium for (my guess) 2 years paying with PayPal each month, but now I can not make it a student account because it's just Creditcard.
NO student in the Netherlands has a Creditcard... 

Another student from the Netherlands here. Indeed, it is very uncommon among Dutch students to have a creditcard. The only reason I can't upgrade to Spotify Premium Student is because I don't have a creditcard... A little unfair, isn't it?

Would it be possible to pay with Ideal or Paypal later on? I'm sure the Netherlands isn't the only country where creditcards among students are uncommon 😉

@eefj33

I don't know if you will be able to pay using PayPal or iDeal in the future, but it's definitely possible 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts