Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I would like to be able to change my username from the random string of numbers and letters.

Solved!

I would like to be able to change my username from the random string of numbers and letters.

As stated... when can I expect to see this long overdue change to take place? The fact that I can’t update my username and friends have difficulty finding me on spotify is beyond annoying after all these years.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @AndToddSaid

Thanks for your response!

Have you opted for Spotify processing your Facebook data on your Spotify account overview as described here

If you have and it's still not working you could try with clean reinstall of your Spotify app. It's different than regular reinstallation.
Just find your device in this article and follow the steps provided there.

Let me know how it goes! 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hello @AndToddSaid

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Please, check out this Spotify Article on how to change your display name. 

If you don't have access to an Android device right now, you can connect your Spotify account to Facebook and allow the necessary data so your Facebook name will be displayed instead of the alphanumeric username. 

In addition, here's a Live Idea regarding username change. If that's something you're interested in, make sure to add your +VOTE there and subscribe to the topic. That way you'll be notified with all the future updates on that case. 

I hope you'll find this helpful! 

This doesn’t work. I started my account thru facebook and was given this stupid random username even though they are connected. Thanks anyway.
Marked as solution

Hi @AndToddSaid

Thanks for your response!

Have you opted for Spotify processing your Facebook data on your Spotify account overview as described here

If you have and it's still not working you could try with clean reinstall of your Spotify app. It's different than regular reinstallation.
Just find your device in this article and follow the steps provided there.

Let me know how it goes! 

Tried this previously too. Only option left is to just cancel and start over so I can actually choose a username this time I suppose. Great.

Hello @AndToddSaid

If you'd like to transfer your content to the new account, you can follow the steps provided here

Keep in mind that you'll need a different email address to create a new account, at least temporarily, because it might take up to 30 days to close your account permanently and free the email associated with it. 

More info on how to cancel and close your account can be found here

Let me know if you have any further questions! 

To be honest I’d just like to see the change I’ve asked for written into programming by spotify. Spotify customers have been asking for it for several years now. That’s what I’d like, and I’m sure several others would agree.

Hi @AndToddSaid

I completely understand you. I was waiting for the option to change the display name as well.

Currently it's available only on Android devices. If you have access to one, you could log in there just to change your display name, log out and continue on your regular device. 

If it's not possible for you to access it, I'd recommend leaving your feedback and upvoting this idea and hopefully it will be possible on other devices soon as well. 

I'm sorry if it's not what you'd like to hear. 

Suggested posts