Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Quiz

Quiz

In your opinion, which of these difficulties is the worst for independent artists?

1- Get more listeners

2- Get more followers

3- Enter official playlists

4 Replies

Hey💚

That's a nice question you're asking

I'd like to believe pretty much all those are hard to achieve as an independent artist. They are interdependent.

If you have more listeners who like your music, they'll likely follow.

Once you get a substantial number of followers, you become influential and are more likely to find yourself in an official playlists.

Keep in mind though,there are playlists specifically for new and undiscovered music,so technically an artist can join an official playlist straight away.

I hope I've answered your question well. If there's anything else, you'll leave a reply and I'll find it soon.

Have a good day 💛

TaylithSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Exactly! Your answer was completely consistent. Unfortunately independent artists want things to happen quickly, all at the same time. Your answer brought the vision of a cycle that needs to be respected, all in its own time. Congrats on the answer!

I'm glad to have been of assistance 💛
TaylithSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

I'm not an artist who would have published music lately, so I don't have their point of view. However as an independent playlist owner, I would say that hardest of those options to achieve is number 3.

I have released my playlist in soundplate and dailyplaylist services and I have received more than hundred submissions in less than 2 weeks. My playlist has only 148 followers so I can only imagine how many submissions official playlists with huge follower numbers are receiving. 

Second hardest challenge for artists is probably to get listeners. I think you can gain followers if you promote your music in social media and in forums and places like that. I have gained followers that way. It is not that easy either, but it is the easiest of these challenges. Even if you have followers it does not unfortunately  mean that they actually listen to your music. Thats why I think challenge number 2 is the easiest. All though it is not easy either. It is not easy to be a musician. There is a lot of competition.

Suggested posts