Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Removal of features

Removal of features

As of late small but amazing features have been removed from the app, these features such as the chronological scroll bar in liked songs and being able to view profiles through playlists were very user friendly and their termination makes no sense. Of course since I do not work for Spotify (unfortunately) I don’t know the reason for their removal. All I know is that the app got a little bit darker after their disappearance. I can’t explain how nostalgic it was to be able to speedily scroll through my liked songs while being given the month and year of when I found the song. As of today (9/29/23) I noticed profile tags aren’t on playlists anymore so I can’t readily get to my own profile or look at others without putting in more effort, and let’s be real, one of the most popular times to listen to music is in the car. So now not only do I HAVE to (yes have to) spend more time on my phone looking for the right playlist I can’t even take a gander at someone else’s profile without what feels like immense research. If someone could explain to me the reason for these features disappearance I’d be able to rest a little bit easier but again I can’t see why USER FRIENDLY features would be axed. And to Spotify if there’s anything I can do I.e. petition, bribe, or further present my case to bring back these wonderful additions to your app please reach out to me as I am devastated by these losses and need an explanation or at least closure.

1 Reply

I've only have noticed that you can see profiles tagged with a user name on the Spotify for Artists app never on Spotify App itself. 

Suggested posts