Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

STOP CHANGING THE UI

STOP CHANGING THE UI

Respectfully, I love you Spotify but can you PLEASE make up your mind and STOP CHANGING THE UI!!!!!!! I've been a Spotify premium user for almost 5 or 6 years and it's changed a MILLION TIMES. This UI change especially annoyed me (as you can tell bc i went out of my way to find a spotify community section to RANt!) bc now I can only see EITHER friends activity OR the song ONE AT A TIME. AKLSDklsdjfasrjticvnioasdgj oeri PLEASEEEE STOP FIXING WHATS NOT BROKENkfjskadfjls;kfjglskdfjgls;df

stop it! thank you

16 Replies

It points to a fundamental issue that they do not have experienced designers working there. Zero confidence by tinkering with things every single time I launch the app - on desktop and mobile. Pathetic horrible user experience. Going to be switching to a more stable music app, probably Apple Music. I can't deal with re-learning the app every few days with their constant changes, that are all usually for the worse. 

What's funny is their app release notes always has "We're always making changes..." yeah, biggest understatement in the world. 

it was literally the best I remember it being until recently when they messed with the like button and playlist stuff. ughhhh.

I still have hearts. Maybe I am lucky in this day and age.

I do agree that constant ui changes are not very appealing, but I have 369 days of Premium remaining on my account.

Just loaded 6 months as we speak to get there. Hopefully new uis stay for a bit longer.

and now theyve gone and changed the whole look of the profile?!! WHY would they do that It genuinely manes everything WORSE not better

Do you have any photo of new profile? I still have old one.

That’s for sure a fundamental issue over at Spotify- no experienced designers. Since nobody wants to work for Spotify, the pool of talent is super shallow so they have to scrape by just to fill positions I’m sure. In fact, I bet of the 400+ the designers they have on staff, most of them don’t even own computers or know how to type. The fundamental issue here is the ability to type, if I really stop and think about it. That comes first. Then experience. Man, they’ve got a long way to go. 

They change my UI so much, and as someone with autism it actually makes my physically distressed, they removed the hearts and moved the notification thing so I can't even see if I have a new notification, I found this post because AS I WAS ON THE APP, it reloaded and updated, they don't even ask if you want it, I think that spotify needs to go WAY back, because it's making me irritated to the point of headaches, it's stress inducing for me and my other neurodivergant and autistic friends.

Let me maybe illustrate issues with the UI.

• Orange: action items split across the UI, often when they are related
  • Green: unnecessarily duplicated information
  • Cyan: are no longer the main touch points any more

I'm sure these visual changes were driven by statistics. But it seems like stats are being used without understanding or context.

SpotifyUser58_3-1723734260886.png

Crazily not a big deal 

That and their corporate pricing hikes, the godawful fee the artists get. A small slice goes to the label then a part of that goes to the artist. The rest of the pie is for Spotify...

yeah! and it also reminds me of how I've had premium for seven years and have ALWAYS still had ads on podcasts.

It's too cluttered, compare it to Apple's UI and it's chaotic evil vs. lawful neutral

I mean, all I'm trying to say is Spotify people are loaded with money. Give us something interesting, catalogue expansions, speaking to labels, decreasing your already huuuge profit margin by a little in exchange for more customer revenue. Cause I mean it, I used to listen to Spotify for the past 7y nonstop. Then the silly changes rolled in, it became all to complicated, zero customisation for premium users either... Been getting 3/4 of the music from other sources due to this.

The gigantic top bar is atrocious and a waste of space on a PC controlled with a mouse, which is the vast majority. Moving the forward and back buttons to the left, away from the home button that was added as an unneeded addition, is just rubbing salt in the wound. Horrible usability here, which means horrible design. Failure all around, stop changing the UI just to change things and hire actual designers that understand UI and UX design.

I'M SO FED UP - THIS HAS BEEN HAPPENING FOR OVER A YEAR NOW AND I'M GOING INSANEEEEE WHY DO THEY KEEP CHANGING STUFF THAT WORKS
I WANNA GO BACK TO 2022'S INTERFACE SO BAD 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

THEY KEEP ADDING BUTTONS AND MAKING IT HARDER TO LISTEN TO A SONG WHICH IS WHAT IM PAYING FOR - PLAYING A SONG... NOT THESE FANCY BUTTONS

I need to calm down bro but not when functions keep changing every 4 days

Latest update: When I click on album artwork on my laptop to view it bigger, it goes to the canvas, which is super off-putting...!

Adapt or go the way of the dodo- though I doubt the dodo was so inept and annoying

Suggested posts