Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Why I am leaving Spotify

Why I am leaving Spotify

Hi. I wanted to share the message I would like to send to spotify but I can't find a direct contact method. I thought it best to share it here.

I would like to end my Spotify Subscription.

It is important for your company to understand why I am canceling.

I moved to Spotify because I learned the CEO of Pandora was a MAGA donor, and I was not comfortable with sporting him with my hard-earned money.

Now I have learned that the CEO of Spotify has laid off a large number of workers and made a statement comparing his employees to LLMs, saying that he sees them as the same thing. This is a deeply dehumanizing statement and clearly the perspective of a billionaire sociopath. 

Furthermore, I understand that Spotify is going to reduce the rates it pays its content creators even further.

Music is a personal thing, and it fuels and soothes every part of my life, be it work or leisure.

When I learn that the music I am paying for is supporting a person, I can not tolerate the reprehensible behavior of that music then becomes tainted and no longer serves its purpose. Every note I listen to is a reminder of the cruelty of the person at the top, and it can no longer soothe me or fuel my work.

I wish you, the person reading this, good luck working in such a company. I am hopeful you will be able to land on your feet at another firm when you are inevitably mistreated and downsized.

Also, I am taking several of my friends with me, who I have already told about the CEO's behavior.
0 Replies

Suggested posts