Idea Exchange: I’ve submitted my idea. What happens next?

This is part of a series of articles outlining how the Idea Exchange works:

1. Idea Exchange: How can I submit an idea?
  2. Idea Exchange: I’ve submitted my idea. What happens next? 
  3. Idea Exchange: Why was my idea closed?
  4. Idea Exchange: How does my feedback reach Spotify?

Once you’ve posted your idea, it will appear in Idea Submissions and will be marked as a ‘New Suggestion’. A Moderator will then take a look at it and make sure that it adheres to our Idea Exchange guidelines.

If the idea follows the guidelines

It will be marked as a ‘New Idea’ and moved to Live Ideas. Other users will now be able to add their vote to it. If the idea gets enough votes, Spotify will check it out. You can read more about this process here.

If the idea does not follow the guidelines

It will be moved to Closed Ideas and marked as ‘Case Closed’. You can create a new idea, but this time make sure that it meets all the requirements in the guidelines.

If we feel the idea is not clear enough

We’ll mark the idea as ‘Need More Information’. The user who created the idea will have seven days to reply with some clarification on their idea to help us out. 

Once the idea is clarified sufficiently

Provided it’s done within seven days, we will mark it as a New Idea. If it isn't, we'll mark it as ‘Case Closed’.

If there's a similar idea in the Idea Exchange

We will mark your idea as ‘Duplicate’ and provide a link to the original idea where you can add your vote. We will also transfer any votes that the duplicate idea has over to the original idea.

And that’s it! You can learn more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.